Advanced search

I blame you mumsnetters but I am totally considering buying Fly london boots.

(32 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Thu 10-Sep-09 20:05:50

in the mol dark brown.

I do have skinny calves though. If anyone has any mol boots on here, can you measure calve width (with buckle on smallest notch, and buckle on largest)

Also, I wear lots of chiffon tops, leggings, skinny jeans, tights, tea dresses. Would they just look silly with the things I wear?

and lastly, I have virtually zilch spare money for boots right now but do need some. A good buy?

dogonpoints Thu 10-Sep-09 20:17:54

oh yeah, fly is cool for cats

Jewelsandgems Thu 10-Sep-09 20:45:16

Well I have had a large glass of wine, and am even nearer to buying them. But what to say to DH?!! grin

dogonpoints Thu 10-Sep-09 20:48:26

which boots is it? link?

Jewelsandgems Thu 10-Sep-09 20:49:27

woodenchair Thu 10-Sep-09 20:54:46

get them, they are fab, just bought my 2nd pair thanks to the link last friday.

I wear skinny jeans, dresses over jeans, smock tops, leggings, thick tights, a-line skirts, etc, they look fab and the added bonus is they are really comfortable!

have another glass of wine and hit the 'add to basket' button! you know you want to! grin

dogonpoints Thu 10-Sep-09 21:11:40

That is a nice boot

pingapengin Thu 10-Sep-09 21:15:10

I really want some in black, im so tempted but im equally so skint.... but i soooooooo want some!!

Jewelsandgems Thu 10-Sep-09 21:45:20

pingapenguin I know! If they were like £75 I would go for it, and i am so close to just buying some.....

Amazon have them cheaper actually, what shall we do?!!!

pingapengin Thu 10-Sep-09 21:48:46

The problem is i look at the website and i fall in love with the long boots in black, the shorter ones in petrol and the ankle ones in brown... i want them all wink

But i only need long black ones..

See my dilema? wink

im thinking i may go to a shop which has them all so i can try them on and see which look best... but then i think bugger it just have them!

Go for it

Jewelsandgems Thu 10-Sep-09 21:51:07

I love the brown ones but also realise the black ones would go with anything and everything. Why aren't they doing a buy one get one free on these boots?!!

And worst still all the reviews are glowing which just makes it harder to say no....

Sycamoretreeisvile Thu 10-Sep-09 21:53:01

I heart my Fly Boots.

I have Calf Boots and Ankle Boots.

But both last years sad

Jewelsandgems Thu 10-Sep-09 21:56:30

You know what would be great? If I could find a pair second hand in the mol. Then I could try them out first not paying as much, then commit id I loved them as much as I think I would.

Looked on ebay and the other ones second hand are the shorter mes ones

Jewelsandgems Fri 11-Sep-09 08:45:32

god I am still undecided on whether to get these. Keep checking ebay for second hand pair but nothing!

CyradisTheSeer Fri 11-Sep-09 08:54:44

Message withdrawn

MrsFawlty Fri 11-Sep-09 18:13:57

Stop! They are cheapest here, and you get another 10% off if you type in "cosmo" at the checkout.

I bought some the other week, I'd sleep in them if I could, they're blimmin fabulous.

muddleduck Fri 11-Sep-09 18:40:11

I'm still dithering over these but am worried about my chunky calves.

Please can somebody guestimate the widest calves that could get away with a size 5.

please grin

cocolepew Fri 11-Sep-09 18:43:59

I'm slighty hmmof chunky of calve and wear the Mes, they aren't as high as the Mol. They're are sooooo comfy. I've had the black for a few years and have just bought the petrol colour.

BitOfFun Fri 11-Sep-09 18:59:59

What have you done? I have bought some! I have no idea if I can afford it blush

No wine consumed either...

pippibluestocking Fri 11-Sep-09 19:07:21

Bought these last year (in dark brown) - I too have skinny calves, Jewels - they fit fine and look great with jeans & skirts, although not short skirts (too fitted and short - finish 2/3 of way up calf) or tea dresses (too chunky). Would recommend and was thinking about getting some this year in black. Go for it!!

BitOfFun Fri 11-Sep-09 19:21:09

Oh poo, my calves are 14 1/2" at the widest point- I hope they still fit sad

Jewelsandgems Fri 11-Sep-09 21:00:59

Mrsfawlty the code doesn't work! Off to see if there are any other codes for that site....

pippi thanks for the heads up re that thy go with

bitoffun excellent!! hopefully I will too....

HelenaBonhamCarter Fri 11-Sep-09 21:07:28

Scorpion shoes have 8s for 89.99

all other sizes a bit more sadly.

Jewelsandgems Fri 11-Sep-09 21:19:54

Thanks for looking helena

I have decided to leave it til sunday. I am going shopping tomorrow and it all depends on a) if I buy anything and b) how much it is

[although tomorrow is a technically espensive day anyway, am picking up my new car - and I mean new me grin not a brand new car)

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Fri 11-Sep-09 21:38:35

Ooh get them, get them. I bought the brown mol knee boots last winter and they are lush. And very comfy. And they look good with everything.

Also have these which are equally yummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now