Talk

Advanced search

Hair not colour not right went back to get fixed and asked for more money. Advice please??

(5 Posts)
mykiddies Thu 10-Sep-09 16:56:33

Went and got colour done last week and was not happy about colour (or lack of it!). Rang salon next day said wasn't happy with the way it had been done. The problem was the stylist had misinterpreted what I meant by still natural and the highlights which were done by cap were hardly noticable from my own hair colour. She said to come back and she would see what she could do. She had suggested maybe pulling a few foils through the back to brighten it up. Anyway when went back yesterday she redone the highlights but this time by foils and just redone the whole head again. At the til I was asked for £24.50 for a blow dry!! TBH I was embarrassed so I paid but now I feel foolish and would like to complain as I know there are lots of people who go back to salons to get fixed up and aren't asked for any more money. Advice needed ladies.

If I complain it means I wont be back and even though I like the colour it was done v subtle but I would then have to find another salon!

mum2samandalex Thu 10-Sep-09 18:03:27

im not sure as ive never been brave enough to complain. I just always take note of who did it and make sure i book with someone else next time at the salon and make sure they understand exactly what i want by mentioning the colour or cut wasnt that great or right last time etc. Then once you find someone your happy with and is on the same wave lengh stick with them!!!

tulpe Thu 10-Sep-09 18:05:20

whenever this has happened to me the salon have re-done hair (including blow dry) for free. That has been the case at Toni & Guy, Saks and a local salon.

PrincessToadstool Thu 10-Sep-09 18:07:52

That sounds appalling. I'd ring and speak to the manager and ask if there was a mistake. Without a refund/the amount taken off next time, I wouldn't go back.

PrincessToadstool Thu 10-Sep-09 18:07:55

That sounds appalling. I'd ring and speak to the manager and ask if there was a mistake. Without a refund/the amount taken off next time, I wouldn't go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now