Talk

Advanced search

boots for skinny calves

(11 Posts)
tiredmama Thu 10-Sep-09 14:46:54

Where can I find boots to fit my skinny calves?I did get a stretch pair from LK Bennett last year, but they need to be pulled up constantly.Any idea where I can get nice leather ones which do not resemle wellies on my feet?

MichKit Thu 10-Sep-09 14:49:19

Duo Boots... not cheap, but last forever, if you get a classic style. I've had mine since four years, and still going good.

Mine is this one here.

MichKit Thu 10-Sep-09 14:50:34

The customer service is great too. If you can get to their store in Bath, brilliant, but otherwise their phone ordering service is really great too. I bought mine over the phone.

MichKit Thu 10-Sep-09 14:51:25

Sorry, just checked, and they also have stores in Manchester, London and Edinburgh now

HelenaBonhamCarter Thu 10-Sep-09 14:53:23

Have you missed the ubiquitous Fly threads? smile

They make lovely skinny boots, I have been searching for some that don't look like wellies and finally found them.

The Mol and Mes are v good, sorry no link at moment but google and you'll find some.

tiredmama Thu 10-Sep-09 14:54:55

Thanks .Will check them out.

Countingthegreyhairs Thu 10-Sep-09 15:04:06

Hi TiredMamma

I also have skinny calve problem and I have also been relying on LK Bennett without success. This is just my personal opinion but I invested in a pair of Duo boots last year but wasn't happy.

The way they make the boots fit each individual size is they take a standard boot - all the same size - and then put a pleat in the top of the wide calve to narrow it down. I really didn't like the highwayman shape this created on me as I tend to like quite boring classic styles although having said that maybe I chose the wrong shape to begin with as MichKit's above look very nice. With mine, it just made the boots look a bit cheap.

Just thought I would share ....

CybilLiberty Thu 10-Sep-09 15:06:41

Clarks do this one

which I know is high but fits like a dream so much so I bought 2 pairs it has a hidden platform so it's comfier than a tradional high heeled boot. I have very skinny calves

tiredmama Thu 10-Sep-09 15:28:20

Thanks guys..will check out all these sites and then decide.

Millie1 Thu 10-Sep-09 16:05:19

And I thought I was alone in having skinny calves wink. Duo for me too ... invested in a pair of Brindisis last year - best money ever spent and sooooo comfortable. However, also ordered a pair of Lille to try on and noticed a real difference in fit (calf width) even with having ordered same calf width in both boots! Well worth a look though!

snowmummy Thu 10-Sep-09 18:42:45

I'd second Fly Mol. I've got skinny calves and these are great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now