Talk

Advanced search

Classic coat

(16 Posts)
Bakersman Thu 10-Sep-09 13:59:31

Hi had anyone seen any nice winter coats yet? I'm looking for a nice classic one which will go with anything from jeans to an evening out. I'm not too fussed about price (I think) provided it will still be stylish in a few years time.
I generally like fitted/tailored and probably around knee length......

LetThemEatCake Thu 10-Sep-09 20:05:23

blimey, loads!!!
if you;re not fussed on price, why not start by looking at netaporter and my-wardrobe for ideas, even if not to buy?

Jewelsandgems Thu 10-Sep-09 20:22:33

From my experience smart coats look silly with jeans. And coats that look great with jeans look silly with smart-eveningy stuff.

I classic full skirt trench will look great with evening stuff, and with skinny jeans but awful with bootcut/wideleg trousers/jeans.

For me, 1 coat does not do it all....

Bakersman Thu 10-Sep-09 21:28:45

Ok when I said I wasn't too fussy about price I didn't mean I could stretch to some of those Netaporter price....£11,000???? Ouch! However there are some lovely ones to give me ideas, thanks.
Has anyone seen the red one in Karen Millen? I love it but am wondering if it will date quickly?
Also saw a lovely one in Zara today but it was not wool - I just liked the style but its not the quality I am looking for.

macherie Thu 10-Sep-09 21:36:08

I say 2 lovely coats in coast, red, a deeper red than it looks on my screen, and this has lovely sleeves

Celery Thu 10-Sep-09 21:42:13

I bought the Boden Uptown Coat last Week. I love it, it's perfect. £155, really warm and I know I will wear it for years. And I'm not a Boden fan.

lizandlulu Thu 10-Sep-09 21:45:21

i have seen a gorgeous coat in asda of all places. its aubergine colour, trench coat style with layered frills on the back, smart and understated and classic imo.

its about £25 ish, i am buying it as soon as they have my size, been twice already and they STILL havent got it insad

lisbey Thu 10-Sep-09 21:49:11

I love this one Has pleats at the back which make it a bit more interesting

francagoestohollywood Thu 10-Sep-09 21:58:03

Max Mara does (expensive) classic coats that don't age for yrs.

Zara always has trendy, nice coats, the best, I reckon, on the high street

Corporalcornsilk Thu 10-Sep-09 22:00:01

I saw that red coat in Coast - it's lovely. (drool)

francagoestohollywood Thu 10-Sep-09 22:00:56

This is perfect, as far as I'm concerned. Shame about the price though hmm grin

MorrisZapp Fri 11-Sep-09 16:54:44

Saw the best coat in the world today, at Whistles in John Lewis. Will try to do linky.

MorrisZapp Fri 11-Sep-09 16:56:28

www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/product/whistles/Coats/Dolly-Pleat-Front-Coat/903000053655

Honestly, it is lush in real life! Weighs a ton too, so v v warm.

jemart Sat 12-Sep-09 10:38:40

Classic cashmere blend coat

moondog Sat 12-Sep-09 11:40:53

That's lovely Jemart. Are LTS for women of about 5 foot 7 and above?

jemart Sat 12-Sep-09 14:15:22

5 foot 8 and above, so it says on the front page of their website. I'm 5 foot 9.

Have my eye on that coat, waiting patiently for the sale smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now