Talk

Advanced search

I just bought grey Cardy Uggs - what do I wear them with?

(17 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Thu 10-Sep-09 09:43:01

I just bought them online, they havent arrived yet. I've never worn any Uggs before as to be honest I havent liked them much but I do quite like the look of the Cardys so I thought I'd give them a try! I am quite excited! grin

So what do I pair them with? I am size 16, hourglass figure (so sayeth Gok wink)

I currently only have 1 pair of jeans that fit me well as I am always losing weight so dont fit my 18's anymore. The 1 pair I have are a light faded blue, boot cut. I wear 3/4 length leggings but am about to buy some ankle length for winter.

So I assume I could wear boot cut jeans over the boots so you only saw the foot part with the boots folded down. But if the boots were up or mid way I'd want leggings? I probably shouldnt wear skinny jeans tucked into the boots should I, being a 16 and all?

All leggings will have dresses covering hips & butt over them. Thanks!

ZacharyQuack Thu 10-Sep-09 09:56:33

PJs and a dressing gown.

hereidrawtheline Thu 10-Sep-09 10:00:32

touche grin

next!

doublehelp Thu 10-Sep-09 10:08:52

i have just picked mine up from the post office in black i already have the grey ones and love them.

wear them with leggings and long tops, skinny jeans tucked in with similar tops and my black ones i'll prop wear with tights and demin slirts ect. if wearing thm with a knee lenght skirt i fold them over if its a shorter skirt i leave them up
i don't wear mine with boot cuts as they don't seem to hang over them properly.

i wear my normal uggs with the same stuff but also with tracksuits

NoahFence Thu 10-Sep-09 10:09:11

a face mask

missmelly Thu 10-Sep-09 10:11:23

lol at pj's - i agree

I think UGGS are one of those things everyone is going to look back at and say 'what was I thinking?'

hereidrawtheline Thu 10-Sep-09 10:15:05

thanks doublehelp as your name suggests that was indeed helpful grin

I was thinking looking at fashion on the web loads of what is on at the moment is groan worthy - but, I do like the cardy uggs! So I'll have to agree to disagree with the detractors on this one!

ZacharyQuack Thu 10-Sep-09 10:22:03

Wouldn't life be boring if we all had the same taste. Wear your slippers with pride grin

hereidrawtheline Thu 10-Sep-09 10:26:05

I will do! And I am sure I shall wear them with such flair, combined with such fabulousness and my general loveliness hmm that if I passed you on the street you'd say... "wow, look at those cardy uggs go..." and smile wistfully grin

EyeballsintheSky Thu 10-Sep-09 10:39:19

I have to say I hate them buuuuuuuuuut, are they stretchy? Would they fit over mahoosive calves?

chattermouse Thu 10-Sep-09 10:47:42

Oh eyeballs, the cardi ones are infinately stretchy. You will get your legs in comfortably i am sure.

i wear mine with skinny jeans, mini skirts and leggings (though always cover arse and fanjo with long top if wearing leggings. Not keen on the privates on parade look!).

Flamesparrow Thu 10-Sep-09 10:50:58

I like cardi uggs too. Not sure I can convince DH they are a baby essential and can come out of the fund for such things....

EyeballsintheSky Thu 10-Sep-09 10:53:26

@ privates on parade!

Stretchiness might redeem them for me. Any boots that fit me are, by default, gorgeous

happilyeverafter Thu 10-Sep-09 19:45:51

I wear mine with skinny jeans or leggings tucked in. They also are nice with opaque tights and a jeans skirt.

I love my cardis, they got a lot of wear last winter and will be coming out again soon.

allaboutme Thu 10-Sep-09 20:03:16

which ones are the cardies?
what are the ones called that are just tan suede with sheepskin inside? the original type..

dogonpoints Thu 10-Sep-09 20:19:25

lolo.@ zachary

I was going to say wear with something oversized and shapeless

Eve4Walle Fri 11-Sep-09 09:16:56

I think the thing that always puts me off Uggs is that everyone seems to wear them. They appear to be standard issue footwear these days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now