Talk

Advanced search

Hat styles for round faces

(8 Posts)
Bibithree Wed 09-Sep-09 21:18:52

Pretty much as the title says really, I have a round face and need a hat for a wedding ... what sort of styles should I look for?

I quite often try hats on in JL when I'm in there, pick the ones I like the look of and they all look terrible, I put them back and decide I am just not a hat person.

BUT I will need one for said wedding. Don't know what i'm wearing yet, just wondering what sort of shape I should try on so I don't look in the mirror shudder and leave the shop.

TIA

Bibithree Wed 09-Sep-09 21:24:55

I'm just putting a photo on my profile for a little while ... I'm the short @rse

fishie Wed 09-Sep-09 21:25:04

my sister has a roundish face and looks nice in a cloche style or baker cap, so a bit of fullness but neat with a minor feature near the face.

i have small features and an oval face, better with minimal brim.

what is your face like? and hair.

Bibithree Wed 09-Sep-09 21:41:10

Round face, bit of a double chin, big nose, quite big eyes though
Hair is just below shoulder brown at moment growing out frings so sweeping it to side photo on profile now.

Bibithree Wed 09-Sep-09 21:46:28

Also, should have mentioned that I have been told by the bride that it's the "law" of her church that women wear hats don't know if that extends to flowers/fascinators... (I double threaded and they were suggested on there)

fishie Wed 09-Sep-09 21:53:33

try berets or other felt type. will give you a better idea of what shape suits - i gather you are not tall so big floaty jobs will be mushroom.

Bibithree Wed 09-Sep-09 21:56:01

Ooooh but all the wedding hats I fancy are always the big floaty jobs sad
I think I need another trip to some hat shops with a very honest friend!

GossipMonger Thu 10-Sep-09 22:03:05

which church is it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now