Talk

Advanced search

I have got spots at the moment, should I apply a mask or will it bring out more?

(7 Posts)
waitingforbetterdays Wed 09-Sep-09 20:43:37

I'm going out this friday and not sure if I should put on a face mask or not. As I'm thinking it might make it worse.

It is the time of the month so thismight be why I am spotty. I have got three spots around my mouth. Yuk... And I normally do not have that many spots.

Any advice welcome... smile

Clure Wed 09-Sep-09 20:49:27

Think maybe mask will bring out any impurities. Would leave mask till after Friday!

brimfull Wed 09-Sep-09 20:50:40

try using an aspirin mask

it's supposed to be great for spots

hang on will google

Sparkletastic Wed 09-Sep-09 20:50:59

Deffo no too mask - will draw out impurities. You basically need to dry them suckers out. I've tried all sorts of massively expensive spot treatments but I swear by a dab of toothpaste overnight wink

brimfull Wed 09-Sep-09 20:52:17

here

waitingforbetterdays Wed 09-Sep-09 20:58:59

Thanks ladies, I have never heard of a aspirin face mask, that is interesting.

barbarapym Wed 09-Sep-09 21:01:50

Probably too full on for 3 spots, but benzoyl peroxide gel (panoxyl) is very good ( better than clearasil etc) and extremely cheap although not for sensitive skins or people who get a lot of sun. You can get a bit red and flaky if you're not careful, but I swear by it in emergencies. Agree about aspirin mask - apparently the aspirin breaks down to salicylic acid, which is a spot-cream ingredient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now