Talk

Advanced search

BRIGHT purple cardigan for 2 year old?

(12 Posts)
Bettymum Wed 09-Sep-09 16:27:12

I mean BRIGHT purple! I've bought DD the most fantastic pair of BRIGHT purple jeans from Primark, but can I find a bright purple cardi to go with it? No. I can find lilac or sludge purple but not BRIGHT. Thought I had found the answer in H&M yesterday but it turned out to be a cropped bolero style thing.
Are there any out there????

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 09-Sep-09 16:28:32

Don't put your dd in purple jeans and a purple cardy. She'll look like a grape!

If you must have one, can you get someone to knit one? I believe there are often people on the Arts & Crafts topic who like to have new projects!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 09-Sep-09 16:31:24

I was going to suggest H&M but you've tried there.

What about Vertbaudet?

Fimbo Wed 09-Sep-09 16:33:18

You are never going to get an exact match. Can you not get something with a pattern to tone in? Try places like Fat Face or Zara.

Put them with turquoise or teal blue or bright green, why do you want her to match?

Bettymum Wed 09-Sep-09 16:48:57

grin at DD looking like a grape.
I guess she doesn't need to match, I just love the bright purple and now I am a woman obsessed - WHY are all the purple cardigans lilacy or sludgy?
Actually TAFKA in desperation I went into John Lewis at lunchtime, bought the brightest purple wool they had (in fact it's bamboo, not wool, exciting!) and I am going to start knitting this very evening.
Even if this means that DD will in fact look like a grape grin.

Megglevache Wed 09-Sep-09 20:26:55

M&S and Gap.

southeastastra Wed 09-Sep-09 20:29:56

sort of purple

LucyJones Wed 09-Sep-09 20:31:08

how about navy blue?
goes lovely with purple

TheWorstWitch Wed 09-Sep-09 20:33:55

Loving the thought of bright purple jeans. Am going off to primark to get some for my DD too.

Bettymum Thu 10-Sep-09 09:38:03

Thanks southeastastra, that's the kind of purple I waslooking for!

Megglevache Thu 10-Sep-09 10:34:03

too dark, might still look nice as a matching tone? grapey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now