Talk

Advanced search

Looking for long, between-season school mac for dd ...

(11 Posts)
Countingthegreyhairs Wed 09-Sep-09 14:43:12

Does anything like this exist nowadays? Trying to find a school mac for dd (6 yrs) that doesn't end at thigh level and leave her skirt soaking wet when it rains (we walk alot).

Searched the net to no avail. Even a fold-up long cagoule thing would be better than nothing.

Used to wear one at school myself a million years ago (was grey, belted, gaberdine, think French spy circa 1950) - looking for updated version now which has to be dark grey or navy blue

... help please!!!

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 09-Sep-09 18:33:33

blatently bumping

PandaG Wed 09-Sep-09 18:36:00

have you considered waterproof trousers instead? I find DD can tuck a skirt inside them ok, or wear trousers if needed.

we always walk to school and we all have waterproof trousers - I haven't seen a long mac anywhere, sorry.

Countingthegreyhairs Wed 09-Sep-09 21:05:21

Thanks Panda. Have some of those now I think about it. Could definitely use them in a downpour

Just looking for a mac she can throw on every day. I haven't seen one anywhere either. Definitely a gap in the market ...

Countingthegreyhairs Thu 10-Sep-09 12:06:59

bumping again (without much conviction)

marialuisa Thu 10-Sep-09 16:04:37

DD used to have a navy gaberdine as part of her school uniform. Morleys in Nottingham or Derby will post one to you. About £70 though.

haggisaggis Thu 10-Sep-09 16:58:57

Shame it has to be navy or grey - muddy puddles do a lovely pink one

Countingthegreyhairs Thu 10-Sep-09 23:41:40

Thank you so much for that tip MariaLusa - will check that out - worth it if I buy it large so it last two years!!

And thank you too HaggisAggis - I had already seen the blue one (perfect in terms of length/practicality - and could have just squeaked the colour past the uniform police) not the case with the pink one sadly hwr.

I wonder why so few are selling 'em long any more?

haggisaggis Fri 11-Sep-09 15:47:41

Just found a navy one here

Countingthegreyhairs Fri 11-Sep-09 16:46:31

Thank you again Haggisaggis. It's perfect! I didn't know about that website at all. One snag, have just tried to order the navy coat on-line but showing out of stock. Will contact them directly to find out.

Fingers crossed!

haggisaggis Fri 11-Sep-09 16:52:18

Fingers crossed. I saw the website on another thread (and I'm bored at work so checked it out for coats)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now