Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone dress their 1 year old in babygros as daywear aswell as nightwear?

(18 Posts)
nappyaddict Wed 09-Sep-09 12:33:55

If you do can they walk yet?

Do they just wear them in the house or outside aswell?

Can you fit shoes on over babygros so they can walk outside?

Chandon Wed 09-Sep-09 12:54:36

I did.

I bought babygro´s with no feet in them iyswim.

Most 1 year olds can´t walk yet anyway.

nappyaddict Wed 09-Sep-09 12:56:21

What age did you start putting them in outfits to go out in?

LadyOfTheFlowers Wed 09-Sep-09 13:00:39

All of mine wore and the next one will wear babygros as long as i can get away with it. I found the soft type of toddling shoes fit over them okay, you just need to smooth the feet out nicely before you put them on, or as Chandon says, get the footless ones.

Babies/toddlers that need carrying/picking up a lot, I find, are easier to handle in babygros as their clothes don't end up hitched round their chins - I then move on to body suite with long arms or Gap polo shirts that are like a vest with joggers over the top iyswim? They are like babygros but are actually 'day wear'.

nappyaddict Wed 09-Sep-09 13:04:27

LOTF - what age did you move onto joggers with your previous children?

My friend currently uses the soft shoo shoo sort of shoes cos her lo is only cruising but was thinking they wouldn't fit with clarks type shoes when they start walking unaided.

LadyOfTheFlowers Thu 10-Sep-09 23:13:48

Joggers over bodysuit style tops was about 14-16m with previous, until SIL kept asking why my kids were in pyjamas all the time. hmm
With DS3 who is currently 9m it is now, simply because I don't seem to have many clothes in 6-9 and he is the smallest baby I have had - other 2 went from 3-6 to 9-12. DH gets paid tomoz and I intend to pick some more babygros up for him in town.

He is happy/comfy/easy to handle, warm enough with a vest/socks underneath coat over top and a blanket if needs be when we are out.

LadyOfTheFlowers Thu 10-Sep-09 23:14:45

as SIL kept asking why they were in pjs, noy until
blush

nappyaddict Fri 11-Sep-09 12:08:25

Were any of them walking before you moved over to joggers?

LadyOfTheFlowers Sat 12-Sep-09 21:55:03

Yes, the first 2 were still in babygros and walking.

nappyaddict Sun 13-Sep-09 04:19:15

My friend's baby is 12 months and she loves him in baby gros but she thinks she will have to change over to normal clothes quite soon as he seems almost about to walk unaided. Did you only manage to fit yours in baby gros and the soft leather shoes when they were walking or proper clarks walking shoes and baby gros?

AliPalli Sun 13-Sep-09 10:09:02

My DS now 14 months can walk about in his babygros without a problem, and we have wooden floors.

I probably stopped putting him in babygros as daywear at about 8 months I think. I really liked him in babygros because it keeps them warm and their bellies stay covered. I have to admit that I felt a bit of peer pressure to put him in "proper" clothes so he didn't look like the odd one out at playgroups. I do think it is very sad when really little babies are all kitted out in stiff denim and combats though.

We mostly stick to joggers and dungarees now.

nappyaddict Fri 18-Sep-09 17:13:57

Ali As I mentioned it's not the walking about in babygros that she thinks will be a problem, it's whether you can fit proper walking shoes from Clarks or Startrite or wherever on with them that my friend isn't sure about.

mathanxiety Fri 18-Sep-09 17:39:02

Mine all had the problem of crawling up the babygros on the inside and getting stuck so I changed to stretchy, soft sweatpants with little undershirts that snapped underneath plus a jumper or top.

crokky Fri 18-Sep-09 17:42:00

I stopped babygros for mine when they were crusing/walking. Until then, they wore them all day and all night. I now put them both in elasticated waist tracksuit/legging type things with long sleeved t shirt tops. Just comfortable stuff. (They are 3.6 and 1.6).

mathanxiety Fri 18-Sep-09 17:42:30

Also, I always used the soft, flexible leather shoes outside, bare feet for inside, when they began walking.

nappyaddict Fri 18-Sep-09 17:42:58

crokky what age was that for you?

crokky Fri 18-Sep-09 17:48:27

I think about 13 months, I did let them cruise in babygros, but when it came to going outside, I felt like the shoes weren't great over the babygro feet. I thought that once they had achieved that level of movement with their bodies, it would be easier to have a top, a bottom and some socks so that when you moved your leg, say, it didn't stretch the material on your shoulder. But, if it worked for someone else on an older baby, I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

crokky Fri 18-Sep-09 17:49:08

Oh and as well, I got fed up of the amount of poppers on a babyro. I just have simple pull on/off stuff now - no poppers, buttons, zips or any messing like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now