Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

tell me about ghd's

(15 Posts)
thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 09-Sep-09 12:23:10

I have straightners, I have very long hair and it always looks a bit fuzzy.
I have a sort of 50's hair do, really sort blunt fringe and very long straight back.
So at the hairdressers this morning she asked me to show her what I do with my fringe so she could cut it right (new hairdresser) and gave me her ghd's to do so, OMG the heat, the instant perfect styling.
So are they reALLY that much better than all the others or are the ones I have just worn out and crap.
I am now thinking I need some, and I need them before this weekend as we are going to a wedding.
So do I really need them?

gemmummy Wed 09-Sep-09 12:26:16

i have had 4 pairs of straighteners, finally asked for some ghd's for xmas about 3 years ago, my hair is very thick, i can't reccomend them enough...still as good as new x

thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 09-Sep-09 12:35:29

so can I wait till xmas, or do I need them right now, because I really am tempted to go and buy them this instant, I can't believe I am so impressed with something so girly.

mosschops30 Wed 09-Sep-09 12:36:30

Yes every one should have some smile. Ive had mine about 5-6 years now and its the best £100 I ever spent, I couldnt live without them (sad I know)

thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 09-Sep-09 12:40:30

see i could go and get some when I have dropped dd at nursery but I am not sure dh will be over impressed with me spending £100 without a discussion. may go and see how much they are though, and poick up a leaflet to drool over.

Ondine Wed 09-Sep-09 12:41:39

They do live up to the hype.

I would honestly pay a grand for them if I had to. Thankfully i don't but they're a must have if you have long, thick hair.

TheCrackFox Wed 09-Sep-09 12:44:26

I love my GHDs. They are expensive but I never have a bad hair day now.

I have thick long hair too.

Thelongroadhome Wed 09-Sep-09 12:46:22

Yes definitely buy them now! I had crap ones and thought GHDs were all hype until I tried them. I have then persuaded all my friends to buy them. I cant live without them!

thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 09-Sep-09 12:52:38

I am off to drop dd at nursery now, may just take a detour via the hairdressers. I am going to be in big triouble grin

gardenshrub Wed 09-Sep-09 13:12:34

I would recommend GHDs too, don't know how i'd live without mine! My sister just got some ghd's from here. They come from America i think, so i don't think you've have them by the weekend, but they are cheaper than getting them from a salon. Just ordered a pink pair myself last week.smile

shopalot Wed 09-Sep-09 13:20:46

I am thinking that website might be dodgey see here

thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 09-Sep-09 13:28:18

OMG I actually bought them, just done my hair, it is so shiny and sleek.

thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 09-Sep-09 13:29:33

Hope it isn't!

FfreckleFface Wed 09-Sep-09 13:34:40

I've had mine for four years, and they are still as good as when I bought them. They are far better than any I've ever had before (and trust me, I've got crazy thick long red hair, I've done my research...)

Treat yourself. You can easily justify the expense because they will last for years, and think of all the money you'll save on serum and other hair taming products.

gardenshrub Wed 09-Sep-09 13:43:17

I hope that websites not dodgy too! I've used my sisters Ghd's since she got them, they look & work exactly the same as my Ghd's that were £100. Oh well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now