Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had boots stretched to accommodate their wide calves?

(3 Posts)
alarkaspree Tue 08-Sep-09 19:46:03

I bought some boots online (these) - they already have a wide calf circumference but not quite wide enough for me, realistically I need an extra inch round the middle of the calf I think. But I really, really like them so I'm considering trying to have them stretched, instead of sending them back which is obviously the sensible option.

Has anyone had boots stretched? What kind of results did you get?

Feelingoptimistic Wed 09-Sep-09 10:27:09

Alarka - I don't have any experience of doing this specifically, but I really don't think it would work. Leather can be stretched, but only by a small amount. It's often possible to get leather shoes stretched to make them half a size bigger. But I once bought some shoes that were a bit tight and tried to get them stretched, but my local shoe repair place said that the seams were too delicate and shoe would just rip.
Sorry...

slug Wed 09-Sep-09 11:07:45

I agree with feelingoptimistic. I've never managed to get the tpos of boots stretched quite wide enough. So now I get boots from here and avoid the issue altogether.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now