Talk

Advanced search

If anyone needs longer length tops

(23 Posts)
HelenaBonhamCarter Tue 08-Sep-09 18:44:49

they have got some great ones in H&M.

Nice muted mauve, grey, teal marl type colours, really soft knit, like a long sleeved t shirt but soft like a thin sweater.

They are LONG! Which I need as short ones are just wrong on me.

£7.99 and I was handed a 20% off card today when I went in. I think I will go and get a couple more tomorrow, they fit so nicely.

GirlsAreLOud Tue 08-Sep-09 18:52:51

Ooh nice, thanks HBC, what is the neckline like?

HelenaBonhamCarter Tue 08-Sep-09 18:55:35

Oh yes crucial point. It's like the usual long sleeved tops are in there - kind of normal crew neck shape, not low or anything.

I couldn't believe it when I found them. I/'m so used to the wrong sort of top grin

EccentricaGallumbits Tue 08-Sep-09 18:56:33

do they do them in fat girl size? or only teeny skinny girl size?

IrishDraught Tue 08-Sep-09 18:57:01

oh excellent, thankyou!

HelenaBonhamCarter Tue 08-Sep-09 18:58:02

This shape but without the lining obv. and in a very soft knit rather than cotton. Hold on will just check label.

Ooh 55 cotton, 45 polyester - hope they don't bobble. So nice and soft though smile

HelenaBonhamCarter Tue 08-Sep-09 18:58:55

I think all sizes, they're on the cheapo rails iyswim, which seem universal sizewise. They ahd teeny sizes though so not entirely sure - it was in teens dept.

tvaerialmagpiebin Tue 08-Sep-09 19:14:02

ooh thanks HBC
Are you tall, or do you just like long tops? I really need some new jeans and don't want to pay Long Tall Sally prices. Are H&M jeans any good? I have never been in one.

mustrunmore Tue 08-Sep-09 19:18:18

Dont suppose htey have v neck? <hopeful face> They sound just what I need, but I feel too claustrophobic in anything not v necked!

HelenaBonhamCarter Tue 08-Sep-09 19:31:05

Well I didn't see any v neck I'm afraid...they ahd several types of round neck on the same rail, had to hunt for these...but always worth a look in there.

Lanky I'm 5 7ish and have quite a long body iyswim, my legs are only a 30 for jeans. So I struggle with top lenghth!

smile

HelenaBonhamCarter Tue 08-Sep-09 19:32:01

that makes me sound v odd shape indeed grin

tvaerialmagpiebin Tue 08-Sep-09 19:35:31

well I'm practically 6ft and size 10 and want a 34" leg jeans at least. LTS jeans are £40 shock and the quality of all their stuff has deteriorated over the years imo.

Think I had better have a mooch in H&M

southeastastra Tue 08-Sep-09 19:38:42

i started a similar thread, about v necks in h & m though. really good, quite thin but covers bum (i'm 5ft 6)

american apparel have long vnecks too lanky

HelenaBonhamCarter Tue 08-Sep-09 19:41:58

Ooh really SEA? They sound nice too. I don't suit a v nec but I like long stuff whatever it is really smile

Lanky I hope you find something...Killah jeans are often really really long, they do them in places like littlewoods/additions I think. Also had some second hand abercrombies that are really long but I think they might be dear new.

I got too fat for them or maybe they shrank...hmm

HelenaBonhamCarter Tue 08-Sep-09 19:44:59

Loads here

I ordered some 30" ones from additions a while back and they were at least 34", the reviews all said the same! Not sure how the different styles come up though.

missmelly Tue 08-Sep-09 19:48:09

lanky try New Look tall range as well, I got skinnys there for £20 on the weekend (I'm 6ft)

gibba8 Tue 08-Sep-09 19:54:26

Lankyalto-also try Next tall range-available on line and in some stores. I need 35" leg and these are really long for me-I have to get them taken up!! More reasonably priced than LTS too!

tvaerialmagpiebin Tue 08-Sep-09 20:24:59

Thanks everyone - will get shopping hat on (HATE shopping but have holes in all jeans and tops all shrunk...grr... am bag lady)

CMOTdibbler Tue 08-Sep-09 20:34:43

I bought some M&S tops V neck and slash neck and they are really long, very fine so great for layering, and their modal tops don't bobble and seem to keep their colour.

I buy jeans from Top Shop mostly - they do 32, 34 and 36" legs and seem to last well

KristinaM Tue 08-Sep-09 23:52:24

lanky - i normally buy a 10/ 32'' leg and ALL the trousers in Zara are way too long for me.

TK Maxx often have long jeans

HelenaBonhamCarter Wed 09-Sep-09 10:01:44

Just reporting abck to say that they definitely had a 16 in our shop this morning, I didn't have time for a proper rifle through but I saw a 16 in there, deffo grin

so looks like they do bigger sizes folks. I have got two grey and one mauve now.

GirlsAreLOud Wed 09-Sep-09 12:02:26

Just to say the boyfriend style cashmere mix jumpers in Gap that were (are?) on offer for £19.50 were plenty long enough for me. They are a v neck and they have lots of different coulours and also stripey ones.

I've now got four of them grin

tvaerialmagpiebin Thu 10-Sep-09 19:06:09

I have bought these LTS jeans today (actually my mum paid for them) but I am not sure. They are a bit gapey at the back and I like to be able to tuck my vest in well (sad I know). Was too scared of Top Shop and New Look as they were full of trendy girls not in fleeces like me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now