Talk

Advanced search

Early pregnancy style advice?

(7 Posts)
Kaystar Tue 08-Sep-09 17:51:38

Has anyone got any tips on what I can wear to work for the coming weeks. I am only 7 weeks pregnant. My stomach is growing a little, but the main problem is that my boobs are getting pretty large and I have started to notice some looks (I work in a very male-oriented environment!).

Normally, I would wear t-shirts, similar tops and shirts, but now everything is stretched across my breasts and they are starting to get talked to rather than my face... blush

I figure it might be the time to invest in outfits that 'skim' a little more across the belly too, since that is only going to get bigger too.

Any advice?

Kaystar Tue 08-Sep-09 18:01:20

Forgot to say that I'm a size 10, if that helps!

notjustapuppymum Tue 08-Sep-09 18:08:23

Hi Kaystar, early pregnancy is a wardrobe nightmare! I went to H & M and stocked up on plain round neck fitted tees and also all the tunic type tops that are around at the moment are great - especially if you can get away with leggings at work.

specialmagiclady Tue 08-Sep-09 18:17:04

Would second tunic tops, also jackets/cardigans if weather allowing. Left open they create vertical lines down your body, plus will conceal any peculiarities in terms of skirts not being done up at the side...

Round necked tees will make your boobs look even more vast. Go for a v-neck but not too deep if you're going down that road.

(basically in first weeks you have to dress like you're a bit fat ie hide belly and boobs. Once you're out about pregnancy and so's your bump you can dress to show it off. I LOVED that about being pregnant!

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Tue 08-Sep-09 18:17:06

The Trinny and Susannah advice which works for me is that (ahem) a generous bust looks better with a scoop or v-neck top. Tunics sound ideal. Happy shopping!

Jewelsandgems Tue 08-Sep-09 18:17:55

Agree tunic style are great, and maybe with some necklaces?

The thing is, if you start wearing things that are different from your usual style of dress, then people will wonder why...

(when I had morning sickness from 6 weeks, I had to keep thinking of excuses why I would involentry heave at the smell of the kitchen, someone's big mac, or opening the fridge, so what to wear seemed like the easiest part!)

Kaystar Tue 08-Sep-09 18:35:51

Thanks for the advice! Looks like it will involve a shopping trip grin

I think I'll opt for the trick of dressing like I've put on a bit too much weight (have started to grumble a little about this over lunch, so hopefully that's laid the ground a bit!)

Jewels, am hoping that the morning sickness is not too bad and that clothes are my main worry for the next couple of weeks wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now