Talk

Advanced search

tankini or swimsuit?

(13 Posts)
tvfriend Tue 08-Sep-09 17:20:54

Bikinis ditched since recently having 2 babies in 17 months and have always favoured the tankini option but now thinking that a swimsuit is more flattering??
Is it a better option for hiding the flabby tummy do you think? (Size 12(ish..) and almost 40sad

missmelly Wed 09-Sep-09 16:15:11

swimsuit
tankinis are odd

RudyDudy Wed 09-Sep-09 16:18:43

Depends if you'll want to wear stuff over it - I'm assuming here it's for hols and not swimming - if so, tankinis more practical imo.

BitOfFun Wed 09-Sep-09 16:28:43

Tankinis have a tendency to just showcase the flab by rolling up- I'd say go for a swimsuit. Or my personal favourite, the retro look

mmrsceptic Wed 09-Sep-09 16:32:31

tankini, the kind with a long top and wee shorts

the top can be long enough to crumple a bit and hide wobbles

the shorts are just nice, you can walk to the ice cream shop and not think about your crotch

Swimsuit, if you can't wear a bikini than you can't wear a tankini imo.

TrillianAstra Wed 09-Sep-09 17:05:15

Tankinis never cover all the way down to your pants. How do you feel about the 2 inches just above your knickers being on show?

mmrsceptic Wed 09-Sep-09 17:10:00

they do if you're short

are you short?

TrillianAstra Wed 09-Sep-09 17:11:19

And do you have large norks? If you do make sure you get your swimsuit/tankini/whatever in a bra size from a sensible place so you have support - well-supported boobs will make sure no-one notices your tummy at all!

missmelly Wed 09-Sep-09 17:59:43

If you've got great norks, go for this one

nappyaddict Wed 09-Sep-09 18:09:03

I like this

polka dot

halterneck

strapless

tvfriend Wed 09-Sep-09 19:22:05

Thanks nappyaddict! Thought I'd looked at all the ones on m&s- seems not!
Missmelly- I look uncannilly like the model in your link grin. Norks not too bad pre Dc's, now not so great..
I have a couple of tankinis already- may investigate the swimsuit option.

movingnow Wed 09-Sep-09 19:24:24

swimsuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now