Talk

Advanced search

trousers for (cloth-nappied) boy toddler

(8 Posts)
puddock Tue 08-Sep-09 16:54:00

Where can I find nice trousers to fit a toddler? He's in cloth nappies so has a bulkier bot than usual, but is otherwise slim with shortish legs. I just seem to be dressing him in dungarees all the time!
I don't want khakis or jeans really - I'd rather have bright colours like red or green than the usual sludgy colours.
Oh, and I can't stretch to a Polarn o. Pyret / Boden / Gap etc budget, and I'd love to order in euros from somewhere like Jako-O but can't afford that either .
Any suggestions?

Sputnik Tue 08-Sep-09 17:00:56

American Apparel? Never tried them but have heard recommendations.
Look out for next-size-up cropped trousers too, they'll be full length. But maybe wrong time of year for that.

pistachio Tue 08-Sep-09 18:01:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepysox Tue 08-Sep-09 18:55:52

www.weenotions.co.uk

make jersey trousers. My son used to have a few pairs in red, green, bright blue etc.

accessorizequeen Tue 08-Sep-09 20:48:36

H&M do adjustable waists on (nearly) all of their trousers - great for cloth bottoms. I even got jeans for ds2 there, they were great. And not too expensive, usually some bright colours. If he'll still fit in 12-18 from there (the sizing's quite big) it's cheaper in the baby section!

LetThemEatCake Tue 08-Sep-09 22:52:22

my cloth-bummed boy wears lots of Sainsbury's jeans .. they seem roomier than the expensive stuff... but you want colour ... um... Primark?

puddock Wed 09-Sep-09 12:40:00

Thanks for tips everyone, you have spurred me on.

CMOTdibbler Wed 09-Sep-09 21:07:05

I like my DS in leggings - when in nappies they stretched nicely over his cloth bot. Stardust do funky ones in red/black, blue/black and yellow/black stripes. V good quality too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now