Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Home laser hair removal machines

(9 Posts)
ClaireDeLoon Tue 08-Sep-09 14:19:29

Can anyone recommend a suitable machine please? Have looked on ebay there is one called Rio - has anyone tried it? Also boots do one but that says not suitable for face.

waitingforbetterdays Wed 09-Sep-09 21:04:24

Bump for you- I would be interseted to find out. I have seen one in a magazine which costs about £100 but cannot see it working as the ones the professionals use costs 1000's of ££££.

but if they do work I would buy one.

I had lazer done under my ars and bikini line. The hairs under my arms stayed away for quite a few months after the 6 trestments but eventually came back. sad.

Mousey84 Wed 09-Sep-09 21:46:14

I have the Boots Smooth Skin. It got really great reviews, but Rio did not, Im afraid. After 6 treatments, I have quite a few "bald patches" and my body hair is v dark and course BUT it takes AGES per treatment - doing just the bottom half of each leg takes just over an hour (for both legs)

Its def worth it though - my legs havent been seen in public for years, but that will change by next summer

ClaireDeLoon Wed 09-Sep-09 22:24:11

Thanks to you both - anyone else have any views/experience? I really wanted something OK for the face!

ClaireDeLoon Wed 09-Sep-09 22:24:58

btw Mousey how often do you do the treatments?

waitingforbetterdays Wed 09-Sep-09 23:15:20

Mousey - That sounds very interesting, do you shave in between treatments?

Have you usedit any where else other then your legs?

I would like to do my legs, underarms and bikini, but when I had it done professionally it was really painfull on the bikini area.

Is it very painfull on the legs?

CarGirl Wed 09-Sep-09 23:18:46

I've wondered about this too

Mousey84 Thu 10-Sep-09 20:08:07

You are supposed to leave 7 days between treatments, and not use it during your period. You shave just before treating (hair can be max of 1mm length), and can shave as often as you need to in between.

The actual zapping is painless - literally a half-second of tingling pins and needles feeling (and Im a big wimp!) But the bit you put against your skin does get hot so I need to switch it off and let it cool for 10-15 mins (when i go give myself a facial or manicure/pedicure). This may not be the same for everyone - in fact, of the dozens of reviews Ive read, none have mentioned this.

I would like to do underarms, but you cant use deoderant for 24 hours after and I cant find a 24 hour period in my week when I dont need to be in public somewhere!

As for bikini, stay away from..um..internal bits, but you could do the bit closest to your legs / top of bikini.

You cannot use this on your face. I would imagine it is because of the extremely bright red light emitted from it damaging your eyesight and the sensitivity of the skin on your face.

expatinscotland Thu 10-Sep-09 20:22:10

I've seen these out. I'm much intrigued.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now