Talk

Advanced search

Here;s a challenge and a half! Find me a nice hairstyle!

(18 Posts)
Buda Tue 08-Sep-09 09:22:35

Have a hair appointment at 12.30 for cut and colour.

Colour is ok - just having roots done.

Cut is another matter! It is currently a straggly grown out bob that had some layers. Longer layers are just above shoulders.

I am a size 22. 5 foot 7. 45 year old but am told I look younger.

Hair is fine and greasy so needs washing every other day at least. I have no patience for spending hours on it.

I do like bobs but would like something a bit different. So a bob with a twist - layers or something. Currently no fringe.

Any takers for this challenge? grin

Niecie Tue 08-Sep-09 09:29:56

You sound a lot like me!

I'm size 18/20, 43 and 5'7". Also with fine hair which just hangs down in a grown out bob!

I do have a fringe though which I wouldn't be without - hides a multitude of sins (dodgy hair line apparently, not to mention some forehead wrinkles).

I have thought about going short again but am worried that my head will look like a pea on a cushion given my size, if my hair doesn't balance it out.

Nothing useful to add but I am watching with interest and bumping for you.

Jewelsandgems Tue 08-Sep-09 09:34:15

What about a fern?
something like this?

Buda Tue 08-Sep-09 10:03:17

Thanks Niecie!

And thanks Jewelsandgems! I do like Fern's hair. That is a definite possibility. Will look for some other pics of her.

Buda Tue 08-Sep-09 10:21:46

Bumping!

Buda Tue 08-Sep-09 10:30:39

Please?

Am worried that the Fern one is a bit Mumsy.

Buda Tue 08-Sep-09 15:05:35

Well I am back. Colour fine. Just had a trim in the end. So slightly tidier layered bob. DS commented that it looks weird.

Buda Tue 08-Sep-09 17:21:53

Actually it just looks boring.

Boring and middle-aged.

Jewelsandgems Tue 08-Sep-09 18:21:23

what a bugger buda - why not book another appt for 6 weeks time, and in that time do proper research in looking for a new style.

Buda Wed 09-Sep-09 05:58:05

I'll have to go back before 6 weeks I'm afraid - the grey roots start to show long before then. Probably 4 weeks.

Will do some serious research though.

Furball Wed 09-Sep-09 07:51:17

hows about this one with a fringe

or or this

Jewelsandgems Wed 09-Sep-09 08:31:58

They are both lovely furball, especially like that second one (that would work well with my hair, since it is fine too, just don't know If I'd be brave enough to go for the massive chop!)

Buda Wed 09-Sep-09 10:21:00

I like both of those thanks Furball. Only problem is my fat face and short fat neck! One thing I did glean from yesterday's searching is that apparently I should not have my hair stopping at chin length.

Niecie Wed 09-Sep-09 12:35:45

I like Furball's first one best but couldn't have it myself as my hair has a kink in it (used to be really wavy so I should be grateful I suppose).

The second one is nice but I know a fringe like that would drive me bananas.

I have been having a look and found this.

I also really like this but worry that something that 'choppy' would just end up flat and messy looking 5 minutes after drying it.

Niecie Wed 09-Sep-09 12:37:46

Buda is your hair completely straight?

Buda Wed 09-Sep-09 13:15:19

Sort of. Has a bit of a kink as they say.

Furball Fri 11-Sep-09 10:40:55

niecie - similar to your pic but more choppy

[http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/index2.asp?R1=3662&month1=&pg=1&styl1=Barrie%20Stephe n here]]

Furball Fri 11-Sep-09 10:41:42

grrr here sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now