Talk

Advanced search

urgent ghd advice needed please

(11 Posts)
hercules1 Mon 07-Sep-09 19:19:00

Just got my first ghds with paul mitchel seal and shine spray but no instructions.

Do I spray my dry hair with the spray and then straighten or does that make it wet so a no go?

MummyElk Mon 07-Sep-09 19:20:37

not sure about the seal and spray stuff but why don't you try them without for the moment and see how you go? i've never really needed to use much product with them because they are so good..
what does the paul mitchell spray thing say?
i'd say don't use the spray - you don't want to bugger up your lovely shiny new ghd...

hercules1 Mon 07-Sep-09 19:24:36

It says to spray onto clean damp hair and then comb evenly and not to rinse.

My hair was washed this morning and is bone dry so do I spray still on dry hair?

hercules1 Mon 07-Sep-09 19:51:04

bump

LadyOfTheFlowers Mon 07-Sep-09 20:05:21

i have an aussie heat protection and straightening spray which i comb thru just washed towel dry hair - then blow dry, then finish with ghds.

i dont use it every time tho, i dont think u need to unless u blow and ghd every day.

LadyOfTheFlowers Mon 07-Sep-09 20:06:55

i have never ghd'd damp or sprayed hair myself. i wasnt sure either.

triffictits Mon 07-Sep-09 20:20:59

ok - the seal and shine spray is to be used on wet hair before you dry it or straighten it. I am sure you could also spray some on dry hair and try it - it will make hair a lit wet, but most heat defence sprays you spray on after blow drying and before straightening.

I wash my hair, put my product on, blow dry it, then spray really lightly with a heat defence spray and straighten.

hercules1 Mon 07-Sep-09 21:38:58

Thanks. ANy other tips??

MummyElk Mon 07-Sep-09 21:45:31

hercules, sorry only just seen this again - why do you want/need to use spray? have you used ghds before?
Just that in my experience, GHDs are good enough generally without any product - and if you haven't used before, it's really worth seeing what your hair does without the product. Dry hair is great for straighteners - i quite often rough dry my hair one day, and then straighten thebuggery carefully the next
THEN i'd use the product the next time like LOTF says, spray on wet hair, blow dry and then ghd.
If you do decide to spray on dry hair, i'd give it a quick squizz over with the hair dryer just to get it dry again - IME wet/damp hair + GHDs = damaged hair...
hope that all comes across ok

hercules1 Tue 08-Sep-09 07:59:38

Okay, I washed , sprayed and dried then straightened. Seems okay. I will do without tomorrow and see how it is.

TRied dd's hair last night but the ends looked frizzyish.
What's the best way to do ends just before you take straightners off?

hercules1 Tue 08-Sep-09 08:00:27

Never used any straightners before. Using spray because ds said I should and it came with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now