Talk

Advanced search

Summer is officially over...

(18 Posts)
twinset Mon 07-Sep-09 15:34:58

...I have retrieved my winter jumpers and jumper dresses from the suitcase in the back of the wardrobe, dusted off my bike boots and broken out the black opaque tights...a little bit sad...but I do love my boots wink

Anyone else already packed up the flipflops??

Buda Mon 07-Sep-09 15:45:38

No! Still nice and summery and warm here in Budapest. Or did you not want to hear that? grin

Not planning on getting my winter woollies out till end of October. Fingers crossed anyway.

NoahFence Mon 07-Sep-09 15:46:10

nah
its gonna be 25 tomorrow

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mimi1977 Mon 07-Sep-09 15:47:14

Well I had and this morning put on my black opaques and dusted down the box under the bed with my knee high boots in after it was so cold last night I put the heating on before bathing my DD and now I'm baking!! This bloody weather.

Must admit this time last year I was still in my maternity stuff after having just had my DD and I struggled to fit into my winter stuff last season but now I'm back to my streamline self again and with some new winter additions I can't wait for the cold to set in!!

BerylCole Mon 07-Sep-09 15:50:41

It's warm but grey in London today. Great weather predicted rest of weekk, though. I have put away most of my summer stuff, but kept out a couple of light dresses (to wear with leggings) and some sandals. Quite looking forward to thick black tights weather, though, I have to say <bah humbug!>

NoahFence Mon 07-Sep-09 15:52:38

its far too hot for tights
am in trousers and shoes with no socks amt

LilRedWG Mon 07-Sep-09 15:53:46

It's beutiful here today - we're bbqing tonight.

noddyholder Mon 07-Sep-09 15:54:34

It is boiling here today dress and flip flop weather just as I get my coat sorted!

twinset Mon 07-Sep-09 15:57:14

Good grief where the heck are you all?! I'm on the South Coast and it's blooming freezing sad Looks and feels like November! I keep thinking about planning Halloween partiesgrin

NoahFence Mon 07-Sep-09 16:06:47

very near you - an hour up the road you terwhit!

NormaSknockers Mon 07-Sep-09 16:09:58

It's boiling here today, have had to change out of my jeans & top into a summer dress, I'm toying with the idea of a BBQ tonight too!

joliejolie Mon 07-Sep-09 19:30:56

It was a bit chilly here today, definitely long sleeve tops and jeans.

minko Mon 07-Sep-09 19:32:27

Summer is NOT going to finish until after 19th September when I'm getting married. It will officially be sunny and bright that day.

hippipotamiHasLost65lbs Mon 07-Sep-09 19:36:53

Too hot for tights!! Meant to be aroudn 20 degrees here tomorrow. Am still in summer trousers, shirts and my birkies.

nappyzoneisback Mon 07-Sep-09 19:48:07

hot here also - i stuck on a fleece jumper for the school walk and nearly passed out on the way home i was all in a hot lather. Stripped back down to crops and tee for rest of the day though just put my jumper back on now to have a last bounce on the bouncy castle.

fin42 Mon 07-Sep-09 22:18:54

I did the same, put my summer sandals and flip flops away and got my boots and winter shoes out this afternoon.
Luckily I'd kept my favourite pair to hand,because I got so hot hanging the washing in the garden that I had to change into a light summer top and sandals.
DS even had the paddling pool out after school! We're in the NW of England!

AnyFucker Mon 07-Sep-09 22:25:30

predictably, here in the NW we get our summer on the day the kids went back to school.......

I wore a vest and flip-flops today, with linen trousers

the weather was the best it has been since about the beginning of July sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now