Talk

Advanced search

Oil Cleansing Method: some questions

(8 Posts)
Bleh Mon 07-Sep-09 15:04:12

1. Where do you buy your castor oil?
2. I have classic combination skin (dry-ish cheeks, oily t zone) so what ratio of castor oil to other oil, and what other oils do people use? Can you use sweet almond?

TIA

ruddynorah Mon 07-Sep-09 15:12:52

castor oil from boots. they also do olive oil. you may need to ask at the pharmacy counter though if it isn't on the shelves. they will ask what the castor oil is for. you say to wash my face smile

boots also have travel size bottles you can decant your oil mixture into.

i do 90% olive oil to 10% castor oil.

Bleh Mon 07-Sep-09 16:18:04

Do you add any other essential oils to it?

DomesticBlobess Mon 07-Sep-09 21:56:48

I couldn't get castor oil in Boots, superdrug or holland and barrett or any where on the high street so got some from akamuti here

If you are lucky enough to find it in boots etc it will probably be cheaper.

I too have combination skin and use approx 20% castor oil to 80% sunflower seed oil (from the kitchen cupboard...)

I don't mix in essential oils, but don't see why you couldn't add lavender, tea tree or any you fancy. I would only add a very small amount to begin with in case of reaction - plus if you are like me I use the oil to remove eye make up and would be wary of usng strong levels of essential oils near my eyes.

ruddynorah Tue 08-Sep-09 23:03:55

in boots the pharmacist had to really look for it behind the counter. it wasn't out for sale and she wasn't sure where it was.

tulpe Tue 08-Sep-09 23:18:05

If you are adding essential oils, you only need 2 drops per 10mls of base oil. This is 1% blend and is the safest dilution to use on your face (I'm an aromatherapist, btw )

thedailymailiscrap Sun 13-Sep-09 09:22:20

My local pharmacy ordered it for me - it was about £9.50 for 500ml, so will last for ages.

I'm experimenting with the mix - what do others use if they have ageing (late 40s) skin which is still prone to spots now and again?

HarlotOTara Sun 13-Sep-09 12:29:41

Tesco had caster oil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now