Talk

Advanced search

look, I am going to spend money tonight so you may as well help me do it

(46 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Sun 06-Sep-09 22:11:07

for those of you who don't know .. (god, I am so bored of myself) .. about to have 3rd baby in a few weeks, looking for bfing-friendly clothes that don't come from a maternity outlet ....and that will be reasonably forgiving while I shed the baby weight

this dress?

this dress

this cardi

and this cardigan are all possibilities

Bear in mind I am in a VERy irritable mood, COMPLETELY off my food and therefore liable to make bad choices ... so guide me back to the way of the stylish if I have erred horribly ...

nancy75 Sun 06-Sep-09 22:15:00

like the gap dress and the butterfly cardi, hate the first dress, too much going on with tie waist, pockets, buttons, tie sleeves!
not sure about the second cardi - its alright.

nancy75 Sun 06-Sep-09 22:16:21

and the first dress is handwash only - with 3 children? if you do handwashing you're a better woman than megrin

Wilts Sun 06-Sep-09 22:17:59

I think the butterfly cardigan is really nice, not sure about the dresses though. I am however, severely lacking in the fashion department so what do I know grin

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 06-Sep-09 22:18:12

i like the butterfly cardi.

pasturesnew Sun 06-Sep-09 22:19:49

What are your views of wrap dresses like this one

LetThemEatCake Sun 06-Sep-09 22:20:20

I love your mosaics!!

I've got a side table that I've been keeping to mosaic for years ... have never done it. Yours are fab.

LetThemEatCake Sun 06-Sep-09 22:21:36

I don't like wrap dresses. I don't know why, because I see women wearing them and looking fab, but they just make me feel frumpy and middle aged. I did them after having dc1 and just never took to them.

pasturesnew Sun 06-Sep-09 22:22:17

I think I like this shirt dress although not sure if it looks a little bit like a flasher mac?

pasturesnew Sun 06-Sep-09 22:23:43

This is a nice plain black shirt dress here

Are you really keen on dresses generally? Or would tops and cardis over skirts or jeans also be your style?

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 06-Sep-09 22:23:58

buy this

and this

and this

to start grin

tulpe Sun 06-Sep-09 22:25:16

I really like the second dress and the second cardigan. The second cardi would look fab with a chunky belt around the waist to kind of neaten it up a little but I also like it as shown. Would look fab unbuttoned though and be great for BFing in as you can wrap up LO in it as you feed

tulpe Sun 06-Sep-09 22:26:53

BTW, first dress would look fab over skinny jeans. Otherwise think the fabric is wrong for cooler weather, iyswim.

pasturesnew Sun 06-Sep-09 22:27:13

What about a wrap shirt, are they out too?

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 06-Sep-09 22:28:39

sorry 3rd one i posted was meant to be this

pasturesnew Sun 06-Sep-09 22:29:32

I like this jersey dress but pulling down the top to bf would probably put it out of shape, do you think?

pasturesnew Sun 06-Sep-09 22:30:33

I liked both cardis in your first post BTW also the first dress but handwash only would put me off.

francagoestohollywood Sun 06-Sep-09 22:32:04

Go for number 2, the zip dress is gorgeous and will look great.
I was excited by the butterly cardi, but find it disappointing now.
I some some gorgeous cashmire cardi at zara for 65 euros the other day.

francagoestohollywood Sun 06-Sep-09 22:32:55

OMG, is Anthropologie selling in europe now too??

LetThemEatCake Sun 06-Sep-09 22:33:58

dragonbutter, those links just take me to a general page ... show me, show me!!

pasturesnew... I think that the betty jackson might be a bit summery? need something for over tights and boots really...

the butterfly cardi ... might look stupid if unbuttoned?? and if buttoned, might emphasise my enormous child bearing hips??

I love this but impractical I suppose....

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 06-Sep-09 22:36:05

1.plaza cardigan
2.in tune shirt dress
3.banking grounds blouse

LetThemEatCake Sun 06-Sep-09 22:38:44

ps yes I am very much a dress person which is why someone needs to stop me buying these two

pasturesnew Sun 06-Sep-09 22:39:41

You could have the skull and cross bones top, just need a long bf vest underneath as you'd have to lift it up each time. If you do that it opens the field up a lot, but have to say I find puling one up and one down and undoing bra straps too much faff.

pasturesnew Sun 06-Sep-09 22:41:05

Those 2 dresses are also going to be too summery I think, if you want a reason to be stopped from buying them!

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 06-Sep-09 22:41:39

you won't be able to breastfeed in those dresses without showing everyone your pants LTEC. the colours are a bit much too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now