Talk

Advanced search

Will this top highlight my big flabby tummy?

(10 Posts)
xxxxBAMBOOxxxx Sun 06-Sep-09 21:21:38

www.mandco.com/Tops/Woven-sprig-top/invt/1538195greymarl&temp=enlarged&layout=empty

I am large of size, will this top do me no favours?

Appreciate your honesty

Hassled Sun 06-Sep-09 21:24:51

I think the panel of material down the middle might actually deflect attention away from the flab. I speak as a flab-disguider expert. Just don't get too small a size - you have to get that middle ground between too tight and showing bulges, and too baggy, thus making you look pregnant.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 06-Sep-09 21:26:48

how large are we talking?

a nice top, but grey is v draining unless you have v dramatic colouring

M and Co is a great shop, go in and try on loads of stuff

maggiemoon Sun 06-Sep-09 21:31:39

it has a high neckline. never good on busty ladies ime

Heated Sun 06-Sep-09 21:36:35

Hassled is right about the fit. It's rather drab and anonymous looking though - have you bold and dramatic colouring?

xxxxBAMBOOxxxx Sun 06-Sep-09 22:38:03

LOL @ flab-disguider expert grin I need to take you shoping with me Hassled!

I have a mediterranean look, olive skin and dark hair. Its not bold and dramatic.

I think BALD is right about the colour, they have it in another colour but then maggie is right about the neckline.

Might give it a miss

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 06-Sep-09 22:42:34

v neck

this style skims tummy

masonicpixiesreadthedailymail Sun 06-Sep-09 22:51:05

wouldn't be my top of choice for hiding midriff pies

have you see them tops that are v neck and button up down the front - have some funny gathering all the way round? I got one (tk maxx) and its absolutely brilliant. I could be washboard underneath. Incredibly flattering / concealing

xxxxBAMBOOxxxx Sun 06-Sep-09 23:09:28

I like the first one you linked to BALD - does it seem quite short to you though?

Mason - could you do a link to a picture of those tops - I fancy a washboard look!

masonicpixiesreadthedailymail Mon 07-Sep-09 09:35:48

I can't find a link - had a quick scoot about

Top I have is by yumi. On hanger its a bit abigail's party - and colours / pattern might be a bit garish for some tastes. However, the cut is absolutely fabulous. Really. I have the sort of gut that looks like loads of babies have lived there (not even the case)

Tis quite a shortish top too but kind of drapes over the waistband. If I can't find any more like it I reckon I'm going to find me someone to make some

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now