Talk

Advanced search

Ballet flats, jeans and cold weather question.....

(17 Posts)
tulpe Sun 06-Sep-09 21:17:32

what do you wear with your ballet flats and jeans/trousers in the cooler weather in terms of socks etc?

They don't look right with bare feet but regular socks always make me feel a bit "middle aged m&s woman" and so I end up wearing boots.

CybilLiberty Sun 06-Sep-09 21:19:17

I go bare foot.

PenelopePitstops Sun 06-Sep-09 21:22:02

wear boots

or those stockings that are skincoloured, never socks

gigglewitch Sun 06-Sep-09 21:22:22

oooh, me too tulpe. Recently started wearing the cotton foot sock thingys that keep my toes warm but don't look like you're wearing socks.

tulpe Sun 06-Sep-09 21:23:14

Trouble is, I really feel the cold so not sure that is an option for me But I hate not wearing my ballet pumps for months too.

CurlyQueen Sun 06-Sep-09 21:24:30

I knwo what you mean, I find myself wearing skirts more so I can wear tights.

gigglewitch Sun 06-Sep-09 21:25:20

these - but you can get them cheaper. don't buy complete bargain-bucket ones tho, they don't last more than twice so false economy.

CurlyQueen Sun 06-Sep-09 21:35:43

I don't trust those, they slip and you can always see them.

Anyway, are your feet really any warmer in those than they would be if you wore your ballet flats with bare feet?

thesleepyprincess Sun 06-Sep-09 21:37:57

Knee-high skin coloured things. M&S. Brilliant, don't show, comfortable and an extra layer on your lower leg.

noddyholder Sun 06-Sep-09 21:44:30

I bought some very fine black and grey striped lambswool socks from gap last yar and I wear those Also have a pale green pair which I like too

gigglewitch Sun 06-Sep-09 21:56:12

mine seem to stay put, curly... wink

CurlyQueen Sun 06-Sep-09 22:10:04

You must have neater feet than me then gigglewitch

tulpe Sun 06-Sep-09 22:20:37

Thanks all.

I did wonder about those pop-on things but have seen other people wearing them and they are visible around the shoe. Perhaps I should try those that you linked to, Gigglewitch.

Are opaque knee-highs a sartorial faux pas?
Thesleepyprincess - do you find the skin-toned (and therefore prob v thin) things warm enough?

Noddyholder - what colour shoes do you wear your stripy/green socks with? They sound lovely and toasty warm

gigglewitch Sun 06-Sep-09 22:26:00

grin curly - pmsl at neater feet!!!
my feet are lumpy and scary and look like Granny's so that's why the socky things stay on - EWWWWWW!!! I can't believe I am even on this thread - I hate feet!!

MarthaFarquhar Sun 06-Sep-09 22:29:15

agree with noddy - contrasting fine gauge socks.

gigglewitch Sun 06-Sep-09 22:30:14

can't someone invent nice socks, preferably invisible by the sound of it hmm grin

Acanthus Sun 06-Sep-09 22:36:44

I wear M and S opaque knee highs - but I don't buy ballet flats that show "toe cleavage" and maybe that's why the toes on the knee highs don't show for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now