Talk

Advanced search

NEXT

(13 Posts)
BerylCole Sat 05-Sep-09 18:27:25

I've always written it off as being full of mumsy jeans and hideous, ill fitting office clothes. But got a couple of lovely dresses there the other day. Have I just been a snob all these years, or has it improved?

missmelly Sat 05-Sep-09 18:36:03

I was the same - until this year, I've bought a few bits and pieces from them, long jeans, bikini, summer dress etc
Maybe it's just when you walk in the store it seems to be full of crap?

Disenchanted3 Sat 05-Sep-09 18:36:59

No, i think you've just hit the real 'mum' stage grin

Hollyoaks Sat 05-Sep-09 18:41:34

OMG just realised how much I have bought from there recently which I have never done before. I feel old sad and sensible.

Disenchanted3 Sat 05-Sep-09 18:42:53

I only buy kids stuff from there

but then again I don't buy myself clothes from anywhere!

millenniumfalcon Sat 05-Sep-09 18:43:35

lol @disenchanted, yep you've just lost the last vestiges of your sense of style grin

BerylCole Sat 05-Sep-09 19:04:51

Oh God, I'm old aren't I? I was hoping someone was going to come along and say 'It's the fabulous new designer they've got in from Milan to design their new range...'. But no. I'm just old. grin

HarryB Sat 05-Sep-09 19:28:49

I always say that NEXT is full of crap, but with the odd gem.

Lilyloo Sat 05-Sep-09 19:30:38

I like some of their things but always seem to find anything i really like is usually worn by half a dozen other people too!

TheCrackFox Sat 05-Sep-09 19:39:55

I think the same Harry B. Most of it is shite but you get the odd nice thing.

paddingtonbear1 Sat 05-Sep-09 22:38:19

For the last few years I've not bought much from there, not found much I liked. This Autumn/Winter is a bit better though!

HarryB Sun 06-Sep-09 08:33:16

One thing I will say for Next is that their clothes last an age. I have jackets and suits from years ago that are still going strong - well, they would be if I could fit it the things blush grin. Good quality baby clothes too.

Prosecco Sun 06-Sep-09 09:25:19

I used to love it but am finding it more difficult to find anything that isn't all ruffles or garishly patterned. I fear, however, this is more to do with me getting older and not liking the fashions of the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now