Talk

Advanced search

Whats the difference between day cream and night cream??

(5 Posts)
idobelieveinfairies Sat 05-Sep-09 15:41:00

I have just realized i have been using No.7 protect and perfect night cream as a day cream by accident. My skin has been looking so much better these last few weeks and now i know why!!

What is the difference between day and night cream?..am very tempted to continue using it! My pores are much much less visible and much better even skin tone too...after all these years!!!

barbiebigpants Sat 05-Sep-09 15:42:36

night creams dont tend to have an spf...also they tend to be heavier as they have the whole night to sink in and work!

BakuMum Sun 06-Sep-09 12:06:26

There's an artice about it in September Good housekeeping. I just use the same on whenever I remember, which is why I look like a dried out used snotty tissue most of the time.

macherie Sun 06-Sep-09 12:21:50

The SPF makes the difference between night and day creams. If your skin is looking good, keep using it day and night and just make sure that your foundation or tinted moisturiser has an SPF instead. At this time of year, unless you are outdoors most of the day I think SPF 15/20 is suffucient.

If you want a seperate face SPF Clarins have one called UV plus SPF 40, or clinique cityblock SPF 40 are both good.

BunnyLebowski Sun 06-Sep-09 22:20:31

The packaging.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now