Talk

Advanced search

What style coat for big boobs?

(13 Posts)
idobelieveinfairies Sat 05-Sep-09 15:30:55

I want a new winter coat for this winter and need to get organized before they all sell out!

I have big boobs..and biggish hips...not sure what style of coat to buy that would slim me down a bit? (if possible)

I don't need a smart one...but want a bit more than casual.....something that will go with jeans and....black trousers.

Any ideas?

skihorse Sat 05-Sep-09 17:16:32

V-neck, no matter what else. If you've got a nice waist then a belt would be good. Flared bottom (the coat, ahem not you blush).

LaurieFairyCake Sat 05-Sep-09 17:23:50

this one

I got the above from QVC when it was the Todays Special Value a couple of weeks ago - it's brilliant, water resistant, slight shine to it, slightly flared at the bottom.

I am very large of nork (36J) and a size 18 and its very flattering. I wore it for the first time today and walked past two women who nudged each other and said 'nice jacket' (this never happens to me)

If you watch the video presentation it has different sized models - tbh I really dithered over the colour as the red looks very nice too - I got it in blue and it's quite a sheeny royal colour.

SueW Sat 05-Sep-09 17:28:35

One of these three from Bravissimo

noddyholder Sat 05-Sep-09 17:29:49

This is lovely very flattering www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_64051_1139580_-1

MaggieVirgo Sat 05-Sep-09 17:34:21

Single-breasted with lapels on a v-front shape.... .

woodenchair Sat 05-Sep-09 18:34:52

I really like that one noddy, looks very forgiving, sort of thing that can be dressed up or down.

I'm looking for a lovely sage green granny coat in a similar cut, anyone seen one?

KristinaM Sat 05-Sep-09 19:40:48

noddy, debenhams one is lovely, good neutral ( but not black) colour

i agree with maggie re style

and would add, revere collar with narrow lapels, never funnel neck

its suprisingly hard to get single breasted coats soemtimes

i'm a 32J so i sympathise

noddyholder Sun 06-Sep-09 12:46:52

It goes with everything and is slimming without being the dreaded black which at my age is so draining unless I have make up on!

kateecass Sun 06-Sep-09 13:36:29

I bought that debs coat after seeing a thread on here. I got it in black tho. Have to say it's very comfy. Every other coat I tried on there didn't pass the "can you hold your arms up to drive" test. So it will do for everyday and is smart enough for going out. Thanks to whoever suggested it!

noddyholder Sun 06-Sep-09 13:38:49

I have posted about it twice now so was prob me!I am glad you like it.It looks good with everything too.

idobelieveinfairies Sun 06-Sep-09 18:50:04

Thank-you..i will have a look at all those links! I knew you would help wink

BerylCole Sun 06-Sep-09 19:55:23

Debenhams one is really nice.

I also have the whole 'big norks' issue when coat shopping, but am also tall, so don't think I could order a coat online - sleeve length issues!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now