Talk

Advanced search

All those that wear Boden - how old are you?

(49 Posts)
UndomesticHousewife Sat 05-Sep-09 12:32:57

Though the stuff in Boden is nice enough (though way too expensive) it's not something I'd wear as I consider the look a bit old and I'm not that young at 34!
I don't know anyone who has the 'Boden look' except for one lady who is a bit older.

Please note I am not saying that anyone who wears Boden is old and frumpy nor am I putting down the style of those who wear it - there's another thread about a lady who is 60 and she was wondering if it was too young for her but I thought she'd be the perfect age (sorry) so that's why I was wondering really grin

bigstripeytiger Sat 05-Sep-09 12:36:32

Im 32 and I wear some boden, but it would be individual items rather than a whole 'boden look'. I have to dress conservatively for work, so I probably do dress a little older than I am at work.

stitchtime Sat 05-Sep-09 12:38:05

its got nothing to do with your actual age, mroe to do with how youfeel inside.
when i was 32 to e35 i wore lotso f boden. i dont think i bought any aged 35, just what i had previous years. now aged 36, 37 next month, i cannot seem to like anythingat all in the catalogue. it all seems to old and mumsy. maybe i am going through a second youth, or i really am mutton dressed as lamb, although i dont hinks o, but i dont liek boden anymore

price wise, i found it perfectly okie in the sales. picked up some lovely raincoat type things in sales at amazing prices.

Tommy Sat 05-Sep-09 12:38:38

I have a few Boden dresses (all bought for half price in the sale!) which I wear for "smart" occasions.
I look at the catalogue and think that, mostly, I like the clothes and would like to wear more of them but I can't afford them.
I am 42 and a SAHM

NoahFence Sat 05-Sep-09 12:40:32

you see the MAIN bits never suit or fit me
i have some shoes( sale)
and some t shirts - oh and one jumper.
any one who dresses from all one shop is a bit odd imo

DogAgain Sat 05-Sep-09 12:44:39

Message withdrawn

NoahFence Sat 05-Sep-09 12:50:08

yes the prints are terrible

MarthaFarquhar Sat 05-Sep-09 12:56:01

I have a couple of bits, and I'm 31 blush.
I like that the skirts and dresses come in two lengths, as I am tall, and need to ensure I'm not flashing too much flesh at work. The plain knitted dresses are really nice with coloured opaques and converse/biker boots.

Some of the stuff is godawful, but that's the same with most places.

littlerach Sat 05-Sep-09 12:59:53

I have a Boden raincoat.
It was the only place I couldf ind a raincoat with a hood smile

I'm 33.

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Sat 05-Sep-09 13:04:06

I'm 38, I wear Boden.

Alond with my topshop, warehouse, planet, next, jigsaw, M and S, River island, LK Bennet, Gap and Zara to name a few other places I shop.

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Sat 05-Sep-09 13:04:56

Bloody hell no I'm not I'm 39blush.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 05-Sep-09 13:07:49

DD is 3, she wears mini boden. The rest is a bit too WI for me.

NoahFence Sat 05-Sep-09 13:07:58

NOW there is somethign about 38 and 39 that makes youforget
i do that all the time

paisleyleaf Sat 05-Sep-09 13:10:37

hehe I forget how old I am now too MrsBarbaraKingstanding grin
I'm (pretty sure I'm) 37, and I feel too young for Boden clothes....but I think that's more my problem, in that I'm deluded - rather than the Boden look.

Celery Sat 05-Sep-09 13:10:48

I bought the denim mini skirt ( not very mini ), I like it a lot. I bought the straight legged jeans. They were horrible. I'm 34, I usually wear Topshop and Fat Face.

NoahFence Sat 05-Sep-09 13:11:03

they were vile werent they

Celery Sat 05-Sep-09 13:12:53

Back to my beloved Top Shop Martha's!

I am 34 I have quite a few shirts and tee-shirts and some knitwear.

Otherwise I am mainly Topshop, Zara and Fat Face.

I think Boden staples tend to be very good quality and quite bargainous in the sale.

PrincessToadstool Sat 05-Sep-09 13:15:46

I am 29 and have a Boden dressing gown from the sale... does that count?

Ds is 2 and has a new Boden coat, it is comically big for him so I am waiting to see if he has a growth spurt before returning it.

PrincessToadstool Sat 05-Sep-09 13:16:18

DS is nearly 2, rather.

Corporalcornsilk Sat 05-Sep-09 13:16:45

I'm 42. I like some Boden and am coveting a few things this year. Buy loads from there for ds2. I would quite happily buy everything for myself from the white company if I could afford it.

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Sat 05-Sep-09 13:17:40

I think their knitwear is good.

Basic cardigans and jumpers are no more trendy for having been bught form Zara than Boden imo.

NoahFence Sat 05-Sep-09 13:25:28

the patterns are vile though. PLain is the way to go. their main clothes are to big in a 14 and waist to tight in a 12 for me.

oh yes i have the urban mac in black - a VG buy

bodenites Sat 05-Sep-09 13:25:30

i am 46 and do wear quite a lot of Boden never bought their trousers, shoes accesories etc i mostly love their coats and like cardigans and tops and occasional skirt one of the main reasons i buy Boden is i can wear it for a while ,take care of it and sell on Ebay i buy a lot of my Boden from charity shops

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sat 05-Sep-09 13:31:38

too expensive for me. We like Asda grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now