Talk

Advanced search

What footwear with skinny jeans?

(27 Posts)
fatsatsuma Sat 05-Sep-09 10:04:15

I have finally succumbed to a pair which actually don't look too bad shock

But what to wear on my feet?? In the winter, when it's cold, wet, snow underfoot etc?

OK, I know I really have to tuck my jeans into my boots - but my boots are slim-fitting and it's really not a good look.

Trainers? Converse? Some other sturdy footwear? Or do 'sturdy' and 'skinny jeans' not work together??

Please help, wise and stylish MNetters smile

sassy Sat 05-Sep-09 10:06:12

Converse - though it does make your feet look a bit like flippers
Boots
Ballet pumps and heels for best (and not cold)

That's it, I reckon

noddyholder Sat 05-Sep-09 10:07:47

Ballet pumps are the only flats i do or flip flops.Knee boots and heels best really.Or wellies for really bad weather

charidee Sat 05-Sep-09 10:09:26

I wore these but in black with skinny black jeans and a tunic sort of top. Thought it looked pretty good although really my thighs are too fat for skinny anything.

Hmm, that doesn't really help as you want SENSIBLE footwear.

IdrisTheDragon Sat 05-Sep-09 10:09:33

I have been wondering the same as well. Will have to look at other skinny jeans wearers more closely grin

Littledawley Sat 05-Sep-09 10:09:35

They look nice tucked into Ugg boots with a big chunky cardie for a cosy look.

charidee Sat 05-Sep-09 10:11:27

some ideas here

GodzillasBumcheek Sat 05-Sep-09 10:12:03

DTD1 (as the only fashionable person in the house) swears it has to be boots or ballet pumps. And preferably boots...even in hot weather!

Excuse for buying more boots?

fatsatsuma Sat 05-Sep-09 10:14:45

Thanks everyone.

I agree about ballet pumps, but they won't be great sliding through the snow on the school run.

Charidee, you're right - we're talking SENSIBLE grin

Uggs aren't really me I don't think. Any other boot ideas?

fatsatsuma Sat 05-Sep-09 10:17:46

Charidee, that's helpful. I quite like the brown boots with buckles up the sides, about halfway down the page. I have seen brown boots like that around But my skinnies happen to be black - black jeans and brown boots - I'm not sure...

noddyholder Sat 05-Sep-09 10:20:21

Shoe boots?i27.tinypic.com/qye0zs.jpg

shootfromthehip Sat 05-Sep-09 10:22:41

I were mine with everything from Ballet pumps to wellies. Flat biker style boot look good with them in the winter too. Knee high boots with skinny jeans are my staple school run wardrobe though.

shivster1980 Sat 05-Sep-09 10:24:37

I wear converse with my skinnies. All other trainers look too big on the bottom - not helped by my huge feet!

I wear ballet flats or some beautiful beige suede flat boots which I bought in Dune a couple of years ago.

charidee Sat 05-Sep-09 10:42:13

Hmm, no to brown with black I agree.

As long as you don't break out the jeggings you'll probably look fab!

noddyholder Sat 05-Sep-09 10:44:29

Brown boots and black jeanshttp://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/0/3987/48_2007/kheigl1127.jpg

badgermonkey Sat 05-Sep-09 11:00:37

I like Rocket Dog pumps with mine - Converse-y style but ballet shoe shape.

NewPenName Sat 05-Sep-09 11:04:30

stupid qu but what socks do you wear with ballet pumps? feel too cold already to go withouht socks so not wearing pumps any more. am i missing something?!

fatsatsuma Sat 05-Sep-09 13:59:53

Yes, NewPenName - that's another good question I was just about to ask...

charidee Sat 05-Sep-09 14:03:05

is one allowed to wear socks with ballet pumps?!

castille Sat 05-Sep-09 14:14:30

Gosh even I know you can't wear socks with ballet pumpsgrin

Though invisible pop socks might be ok if you can bear the feel of them

AnyFucker Sat 05-Sep-09 14:15:33

no

MadameCastafiore Sat 05-Sep-09 14:18:20

I go for boden pumps or birkenstomps in the summer and then do away with the birkenstomps about end of october or when my toes turn blue!

Winter wear them entails long black boden boots, boden pumps, Next long brown workwear boots for dog walking (can't wear wellies! sad), and some lovely brown Joules boots that I have ordered for this winter!

An thinking of getting some UGGs too!

Oh and I mostly if wearing birkies or pumps (the lace up kind - the ballet ones look crap with skinnies IMO) I always have a turn up.

fatsatsuma Sat 05-Sep-09 16:34:02

Hmmm, off to investigate Joules boots.

cheesesarnie Sat 05-Sep-09 16:36:51

i wear ballet pumps in summer.knee high boots in winter.
my skinny jeans look crap though as too big so slightly baggygrin.saggy jeans is not such a good look!

NewPenName Sun 06-Sep-09 09:23:37

i know you're not meant to wear socks with them, but this time of year it's too bloody cold not to do so. So, go continental and wear pop-socky type things or give up on the pumps as soon as the warm weather (hmm) goes?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now