Talk

Advanced search

Bra people - Can you tell me if it is possible to get my expensive bra repaired?

(12 Posts)
TheYearOfTheCat Fri 04-Sep-09 23:19:02

I got a lovely Prima Donna bra from Rigby & Pellar 6 months ago. One of the hooks has fallen off, and I can't wear it.

Is it possible to get the hook sewn back on? Who does this sort of thing?

bishboschone Sat 05-Sep-09 08:17:08

I have a tailor at my shop and he has sewn one of my bras before. Take it to a dry cleaners and ask or get your local paper and look for a tailor. Or yellow pages.

CoffeeCrazedMama Sat 05-Sep-09 09:35:54

Have you spoken to Rigby and Peller? They may have someone they send repairs to.

scroobiuspirate Sat 05-Sep-09 10:13:03

If you bought it at rigby and peller, which is where i used to work, you should send it back. They have a seamstress on the premises, at their Hans road shop, opposite harrods.

hth.

ring them and complain grin

TheYearOfTheCat Sun 06-Sep-09 00:15:37

Scroob - thanks. It was the Hans Road shop I bought it from. I was inclined to ring them, but was hoping for a bit of encouragement before I did. What should I be saying to them?

scroobiuspirate Sun 06-Sep-09 18:14:33

Just ring and explain, say you are realy disappointed etc..., they should know that a prima donna bra shouldn't do this!!

they will prob have you send it in.

TheYearOfTheCat Sun 06-Sep-09 18:54:46

Thank you. I will let you know how I get on.

TheYearOfTheCat Tue 08-Sep-09 20:49:04

I phoned Rigby & Pellar today. They said they would be happy to repair it for a £11 charge. I queried this, as I have had several Prima Donna bras before, and this has never happened before, which would make me wonder if it was a manufacturing fault.

They said to send it in and they will have a look at it.

scroobiuspirate Tue 08-Sep-09 22:35:07

stingy arses, they always were when i worked there. I do like saying i worked ther, if only to give credence to any advice i canhelp with, but they were always tight as hell.

that bra must have cost you £60?

let's hope they agree to do it for nothing.

£11, what a fecking liberty. all they have to do is replace the hook/eye part!

TheYearOfTheCat Thu 10-Sep-09 17:15:27

It cost £75. shock

We'll see what they say, and whether they keep my custom wink. In the past I have flown to London for the sole reason of buying a bra from there. I have just found a local supplier of prima donna bras.

Buda Thu 10-Sep-09 17:20:06

I wear Prima Donna too and I have had a couple of mine go like this. I always assumed the hook and eye gave up trying to fit around me!

I now buy them on-line from Bare Necessities who are in Derbyshire. Have had some great sale bargains there too. A gorgeous brown/cream/turquise one reduced to 14 quid!

Buda Thu 10-Sep-09 17:20:48

And actually it would be really easy to sew it back on yourself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now