Talk

Advanced search

Do trollbeads look classy/expensive?

(14 Posts)
rozzyraspberry Fri 04-Sep-09 20:21:48

Hi

I really like the look of troll beads and am tempted by the debut bracelets (which consist of the chain, lock and 2 glass beads). Have never seen one in the flesh before though and don't live near anywhere that stocks them.

Just wanted to poll opinions - do they look like good jewellery - I wouldn't want to spend all that money and end up with something that looked really cheap if you know what I mean.

Also if I do decide to go for one which coloured glass beads look best - probably a really personal thing but I'm struggling to decide between all the lovely colours!!

Thank yousmile

chattermouse Sat 05-Sep-09 10:16:06

I have not seen troll beads but i like the pandora braclets, which are, i believe, similar. I would probably choose red beads to match a lot of my clothes. Maybe go for whichever colour would look best with most of the itms in your wardrobe?

shootfromthehip Sat 05-Sep-09 10:20:18

Ooh just had to google these in case this thread was a special wind-up and they are lovely. What a nice idea and I dod like them very much.

chimchar Sat 05-Sep-09 10:20:41

i love them....

i have quite a good mix of beads now...mine is a collection of mismatched different coloured glass beads and silver charms....they were all bought as pressies and are all very personal, which i think is the idea of the troll bracelet, like an old fashioned charm bracelet.

the genuine branded beads are great quality, but you can get lots of cheaper beads...they are substantial and heavy.

hth

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sat 05-Sep-09 14:30:23

I've been collecting them for about 3 years and I love them.
Most of my beads were gifts from family or friends.
I started off with a theme, and bought lots in one colour range, but now I have a real mix. Some of the silver beads are gorgeous.

There are some independent bead makers who do one off beads as well.
I have some beautiful beads from a www.astringofbeads.co.uk

torilisa1 Wed 16-Sep-09 20:38:01

I love trollbeads and have a great collection. there are loads of other brands too. try www.silveradditions.co.uk they are offering a 10% discount on all stock until end Nov. think you just quote SILVER10 in the box at the check out. they also do Amore & Baci beads, they are sooooo nice! I like the purple debut bracelet but really they are all nice!

cleaningsucks Wed 16-Sep-09 21:29:59

why are they called troll beads?

torilisa1 Thu 17-Sep-09 14:56:24

They are called Trollbeads because the frst bead that they designed was a bead with faces of trolls on it. dont ask me how I know that hmm! you can get very carried away with them though, they are a little addctive grin ! loveing the new necklaces amore & baci do too, I have just spent a fortune on them, good job I got the 10% discount at silveradditions!! they are great for christmas presses! for old and young!

NoahDear Thu 17-Sep-09 14:56:59

no they look as predicatable as a woman in white stuff

MrsBadger Thu 17-Sep-09 15:02:46

I wouldn;t say they looked classy

perhpas funky would be nearer the mark

but they don't look like cheap tat if that's what you mean

NoahDear Thu 17-Sep-09 15:03:30

does anyone here think they " enhance your natural beauty"?
they dont make you look pretty or stylish do they?

just rather clunky

MrsBadger Thu 17-Sep-09 15:04:30

everything claims to enhance your natural beauty

we want to believe them

OrmIrian Thu 17-Sep-09 15:05:10

If they are nice they are nice regardless surely of whether they look cheap?

Spoken as someone who went out with a string of painted pasta beads that DS had made for me last summer hmm

torilisa1 Thu 17-Sep-09 15:20:11

They are stylish and funky! they are not cheap at all! they enhance your look if thats what you mean, add style to your outfit, I saw a girl with 2 bracelets on that went with her outfit and they just looked so pretty ! dont thnk there is much in the world that can enhance your natural beauty apart from a smile but they def enhance your look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now