Talk

Advanced search

Birkies replacement for Autumn

(13 Posts)
llareggub Thu 03-Sep-09 23:17:37

There was a distinct chill in the air today and my poor toes got a bit cold. I think it time to put my birkies away until next year.

So, what do I wear now? I need something for traipsing through the park with my buggy and toddler, so whatever I buy needs to be flat and durable. Oh and comfortable, we do walk quite far.

I don't want to wear trainers. I do have Converse but I suspect they might get a bit cold too.

I do have some brown boots but need something else to wear with skirts and tights. Any ideas?

jemart Thu 03-Sep-09 23:23:07

I think tall boots (thigh high for the brave) are the thing to have this season - equally good with skinny jeans, leggings/dress, skirts and tights.

madeupsurname Fri 04-Sep-09 11:55:29

Fly London boots are incredibly comfortable, and go with everything. From their popularity on here, I think they ARE the winter birkenstock.

Ah, was just about to say Converse for a bit until it gets colder.

AvadaKedavra Fri 04-Sep-09 12:05:37

Furry crocs grin

Uggs?

OrmIrian Fri 04-Sep-09 12:13:43

Ooh I want thigh length boots but I suspect I am too old.

Lastyearsmodel Fri 04-Sep-09 14:12:29

I'm a fan of Rocket Dogs for autumn and winter walking and running after toddlers. Same 'foot-shaped' style as Birks, comfy, go with everything (in a practical sort of way).

Schuh website won't let me do deep links but styles are called Hard Copy and High Life (although the toes seem a bit turned up this year).

I also have Red or Dead Rolo which are very ccomfy and cuter on than they look.

AndOnAndOnAndOn Fri 04-Sep-09 14:17:36

I'm a diehard birkie wearer, but now it's cooler I've got my trainers out (converse type) - when it's properly cold I'll get my flat camper kneehighs out (with trousers or skirt) - bit expensive but very very comfy and worth it!

Blu Fri 04-Sep-09 14:22:09

onandon - my footwear patten EXACTLY!

I bought some fab flat camper boots last year - red soles, and elastic panel down the side...

dinosaur Fri 04-Sep-09 14:23:29

I got some biker boots in Office which I am rather looking forward to wearing.

Not cold enough in London yet though!

AndOnAndOnAndOn Fri 04-Sep-09 14:23:47

grin at Blu, they are the perfect cold weather birk-replacement!

llaregub, this sort of thing?? here

llareggub Fri 04-Sep-09 16:49:21

Oooh yes, andonandonandon, they look great.

Thanks for the suggestions, I shall have a think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now