Talk

Advanced search

Hairdressers....complete overhall...consultaion appointment?

(4 Posts)
ThisBoyDerekDrew Thu 03-Sep-09 13:54:25

I am planning on having a new haircut, and a colour for the first time (obviously I have had it cut but not coloured before). TBH I rarely go to teh hairdressers so this is all a bit new.

Is time to discuss colours, dye types (semi v permanent) and cut styles allocated within an appointment slot? Or should I ask to pop in for a brief consultation first.

I have an idea of what I want, so not starting from a totally blank canvass...I just don't know what is expected...what is "normal" in this sort of scenario?

B1984 Thu 03-Sep-09 14:28:47

buy a magazine,or look on the net for celebs that you like the look of,get some inspiration.you can cut out the picture from the mag and show it the hairdresser or just try to explain the look you would like.I, for example ask for Jennifer Anniston colour.
They will give you consultation for free just before your haircut/colour or im sure if you want before.
Out of interest,what does your hair look like now and what celeb hair do you like?

ThisBoyDerekDrew Thu 03-Sep-09 14:49:10

TBH - as far as cut is concerned it is long overall (bra-strap length) and layered (a la "the MN haircut!". I like the layers, I just want to take the overall length up to just below shoulders. So that is reasonably easy.

As far as colour is concerned - all I really want to do is cover my grey, and add a bit of gloss. I don't want a totally different colour. The biggest thing that I am unsure off WRT colour is whether to go permanent (and have to keep on top of getting my roots done) or semi-permanent and just let it fade and having a little more freedom when it comes to when to get it re-done.
I am leaning towards semi - at least in the first instance as it is the first time I will have done it.

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 03-Sep-09 14:52:31

Give the hairdressers a call and explain the situation and either ask to pop in for a consultation or have an extra 10-15 mins added on to your appointment so you can go through everything first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now