Talk

Advanced search

bravissimo dress?

(14 Posts)
oneopinionatedmother Thu 03-Sep-09 13:47:38

this one

i normally wear uk12-14 for dresses and cup e -will that fill this dress?

or for other more casual stuff.. this top

what do you think girls?

CantThinkofFunnyName Thu 03-Sep-09 13:52:02

I used to wear Bravissimo stuff all the time before my breast red (hoorah!). The size is curvy/really curvy - which IME would be best suited to G, H cups etc. However, it really is a lovely dress and v reasonable. TBH I'd take the plunge and go for it. If it is a bit gappy, you could always wear a camisole underneath! Top lovely too!

muddleduck Thu 03-Sep-09 13:52:41

IME the fit on Bravissimo clothing is not reliable enough to make it worth buying via ebay. It might fit, but then again...

My guess is that it will be too big for you.
What size do you buy your jeans? That is a better guide than your usual dress size.

muddleduck Thu 03-Sep-09 13:55:04

CantThink...

a G/H cup is supposed to be "super-curvy".

Cluckadoodledoo Thu 03-Sep-09 14:05:14

You would need a 12 in curvy possibly even a 10! I have the same dress (twice in different colours) and can easily go down 1-2 dress sizes in their Jersey dresses.

civilfawlty Thu 03-Sep-09 14:16:07

Hi - I splashed out on a bravissimo dress recently and:

a) the top was too big (I'm a 38e); and
b) the material was incredibly cheap - defo not worth £40 new. had to go back.

oneopinionatedmother Thu 03-Sep-09 14:16:22

thanks! good advice..
@can't think - If it doesn't fit well, i suppose i could always get pregnant again....
mwahhahah

my jeans size is 14 (i have a Hugh Jass)
so maybe would be fine on my lower half.

@cluckadoodledoo you have the same dress [emoticon of unreasonable but shameless envy] such a lovely shape.. is it ok for office wear?

other people have bidded it up already..twats, don't they know not to bid until the end....

grin

oneopinionatedmother Thu 03-Sep-09 14:19:09

@civilfawlty - was that the same dress.. cheap material is one of my pet hates.

brimfull Thu 03-Sep-09 14:22:02

brvissimo is huge
that dress would be massive on your boobs

I have ff boobs and find their 'really curvy' too big sometimes in the jersey dresses

civilfawlty Thu 03-Sep-09 14:22:08

not the same dress, but it looks pretty similar. it was thin and fake-ish and really clingy and nowhere near as flattering as you'd expect.

muddleduck Thu 03-Sep-09 14:27:24

Bravissimo stuff always gets lots of bids on ebay. IMO this is because most people agree it is not worth the money that B charge so they try and get it cheaper on ebay.

oneopinionatedmother Thu 03-Sep-09 14:30:44

ok, consensus is: probably too big

bank account says: next month...

anyone fancy listing this dress in a size 10/12 curvy with a 99p starting bid?

>runs away after such outrageous cheek<

the top is still nice though, and i tried a near identical one on in the shops.

muddleduck Thu 03-Sep-09 14:38:31

have you looked on the sale section of the B website? Sometimes some gargains to be found.

oneopinionatedmother Thu 03-Sep-09 15:28:02

looked yes..one or two nice items..still not bargainous enough if I'm going to be allowed out to the Mumsnet wine fest meal out on saturday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now