Talk

Advanced search

Help! Need an outfit for sister's wedding next week...

(5 Posts)
choppychopster Thu 03-Sep-09 13:10:55

I've left it far too late to get something to wear for DSis's wedding next week. Please stylish women of mumsnet, help me with some suggestions so I don't spend hours trawling the shops aimlessly with my 3yo DD and end up with nothing or something I don't really like but grabbing in a panic.

I am 5'8'', a pear shaped size 10-12 (big bum, small waist and boobs). I don't like my thighs (far too fat and pasty), so nothing too short. i like my arms, but not sure about the weather so might need a wrap or cardi.

They are getting married at Shoreditch Town Hall, then a reception in a bar on Brick Lane where they'll have a meal and band. They're having a vague 60s theme, so would appreciate a nod to that era which suits me as I'm a big Mad Men fan (Joan's slinkiness, rather than some of Betty's more flouncy dresses).

Budgetwise, I can go up to £100, but would prefer to spend less.

Thanks in advance! smile

choppychopster Thu 03-Sep-09 13:39:16

Oh, and I'm 31 BTW if that makes any difference....

choppychopster Thu 03-Sep-09 19:10:50

Anyone?

upamountain Thu 03-Sep-09 19:45:41

This Oasis dress was linked to a few days ago and although it is quite simple I like it.
It would look lovely with a great pair of heels and bag.
There is a 20% off code online if you do a quick search.
Not sure if it fits 60's idea you were looking for but someone may come along with a better idea.

choppychopster Fri 04-Sep-09 14:01:00

Thanks upamountain. Have some lovely silver heels and handbag that will look good with that.Will see if I can get Dh to pick DD up from nursery then pop into Oasis to try it on on my way home from work. Do you know where the 20% online discount is as the only thing I've found expired months ago?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now