Talk

Advanced search

yesterday at softplay, a woman came over to me and said, is that your little girl?

(29 Posts)
CarrieDababi Thu 03-Sep-09 12:56:46

i thought oh god what's dd done now!

yes i reply.

oh just wantted to say what a lovely outfitgrin

and yes it was boden grin
last years big button dress, long sleeved tee and wooly tights

awwww

LetThemEatCake Thu 03-Sep-09 14:19:40

love it when people take the time & trouble to compliment - doesn't happen enough.

CarrieDababi Thu 03-Sep-09 14:27:13

smile
i agree

muddleduck Thu 03-Sep-09 14:29:47

did the woman have boys?

I have boys and spend far too much time looking at the lovely outfits worn by other peoples dds blush

CarrieDababi Thu 03-Sep-09 14:30:48

yes she did!
two gorgeous blonde boys

smile

SixtyFootDoll Thu 03-Sep-09 14:31:34

muddleduck I have 2 boys and am always checking out girls outfits envy
Had the vertbaudet catalogue arrive today, the boys stuff was so dull, the girls was gorgeous..

muddleduck Thu 03-Sep-09 14:31:55

ah. that explains it then. grin

muddleduck Thu 03-Sep-09 14:34:30

oh don't get me started on boys clothes angry

I have no idea where to shop for my two these days. Mini mode used to be good but has gone weird. Boden is over priced (except in the sale). And most of the rest are obsessed with the grafitti-skull look which IMO is repulsive on small children.

must go and calm down...

meltedmarsbars Thu 03-Sep-09 14:36:12

Well, my dd loves the graffiti-skull look. She will not wear the girls stuff. Its all boys - except the pants, which MUST NOT BE PINK, MUMMY!!!

LetThemEatCake Thu 03-Sep-09 14:41:15

without meaning to sound large of head, people always compliment me on my children and their clothes, which I find rather hilarious as almost everything they wear is from charity shops.

here's the trick: go to a neighbourhood which is wealthier than yours. Hit the charity shops. Buy up big.

And have a mother who knits and lives in Australia. She sends the best stuff.

anniemac Thu 03-Sep-09 14:59:57

Message withdrawn

BitOfFun Thu 03-Sep-09 15:01:37

Sigh. I just bloody bought something from Boden on the back of this.

I promised myself they would never suck me in grin

<MN cherry pops>

CarrieDababi Thu 03-Sep-09 15:13:14

oh i do like popping cherries grin

thereistheball Fri 04-Sep-09 10:31:16

French supermarkets are good for clothes. Fancy a day trip to Paris?

grin

Northernlurker Fri 04-Sep-09 10:39:18

It is lovely when that happens.

monkeysmama Sat 05-Sep-09 09:11:32

I wanted to buy dd some Boden stuff yesterday but didn't like anything really. Did end up buying loads in Vertbaudet though. People often comment on my dd's clothes but usually on the stuff from H&M rather than the dearer clothes. My friend sells Danish/Swedish clothes & people always ask where one particular dress is from when dd wears it. I should start charging her for dd's advertising!

Mamazon Sat 05-Sep-09 09:22:54

see i've gone up to people at times and asked where they had got something.
i always worry that they think im totally barking so im glad there are people that appreciate it as a compliment

Slubberdegullion Sat 05-Sep-09 09:41:07

Oh I do that too Mamazon. It's made my day whenever I've had it happen to me.

A few years ago I chased one woman down the highstreet in the quest to compliment her on her ds's coat and to find out where she got it (dd1 had asked FC for a yellow coat). I was red faced and totally out of breath, all I could do was point and stammer "the coat, the coat".

I am AMAZED she didn't spray me in the face with mace.

bran Sat 05-Sep-09 13:09:37

When DS was little I used to buy him loads of clothes from Dunnes in Dublin whenever I went to visit my parents and it was always that stuff that got the comments. People assumed that it was expensive designer stuff because it was a colour other than sludge when in fact it cost about the same as Asda clothes.

Unfortunately now that he is 5 even Dunnes only do sludge coloured clothes. sad However I did buy 19 mo DD loads of gorgeous things there last week.

When I move back to Ireland I will probably buy both children loads of clothes from Asda because every other child in Ireland will be wearing Dunnes. grin

BitOfFun Sat 05-Sep-09 13:44:54

The dress for dd2's birthday arrived this morning- it is lovely! I have put a pic on my profile. She is autistic and can't talk, but I think you can see from her smile that she feels quite the business in it grin

gemmummy Sat 05-Sep-09 13:49:22

lovely pic.

CarrieDababi Sat 05-Sep-09 13:59:12

bit of fun that's a gorgeous pic.
she does look very lovely.
also pleased as punch!.

smile

that's actually the same dress as my dd was wearing at softplay although shes in last years colours blue and brown.

i also think the linning and the fabric, soft and velevty is lovely too.
you can always flog it on ebay when your dds out grown it too and get quite a bit of your money back.

she looks so adorable

BitOfFun Sat 05-Sep-09 14:03:45

smile Thanks- she needs to be, the mischief she gets up to!

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation here- the kids' clothes are very cute...dangerous on the wallet though!

bodenites Sat 05-Sep-09 14:22:17

all your pics are lovely and dd is gorgeous i have a son(16) with autism (no speech) always up to mischief too

BitOfFun Sat 05-Sep-09 14:25:41

They keep us on our toes, eh? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now