Talk

Advanced search

Boden virgin - my order just arrived - rather confused - advice please!!!

(6 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Thu 03-Sep-09 09:42:19

So I've ordered from Boden for the first time... was looking for a warm, stylish dress which would allow boob access for bfing dc3, due in 3 weeks.

I got this in the Black 12L and Red 12R as was unsure about sizing & colours .. intending to send one back.

BUT, the both fit me perfectly now ... which leads me to think

1. The 12 might be too big/shapeless/sacklike once the bump has gone
2. The L might be too long once the bump isn't riding it up to just on the knee

Does Boden sizing come up big?? Should I downsize to the 10? I am 5'10" and a size 10 when not pregnant, which is why I thought 12 was realistic for my immediately post-natal clothing

very confused and really don't want to spend £50-odd on a shapeless sack, but nor do I want to spend that on a dress that will highlight every bit of baby blub!! Any advice appreciated.

LetThemEatCake Thu 03-Sep-09 10:20:31

pleeeeeeease

flowerybeanbag Thu 03-Sep-09 10:22:34

I am a 10-12 and always order a 10 in Boden dresses.

CHOOGIRL Thu 03-Sep-09 10:24:54

From reading reviews Boden sizing is random. I am 5'6 and I have sized down for this dress and have the Regular which is about knee length so perfect with boots. For you I would suggest downsize to 10R

BTW you have three months to return so you can wait until baby arrives in a couple of weeks then decide.

Rubyrubyruby Thu 03-Sep-09 10:29:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LetThemEatCake Thu 03-Sep-09 14:16:25

thanks everyone. Think I will switch to 10R .... didn't relaise I had 3 months to return though, thanks for that Choogirl! I never read the small print ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now