Talk

Advanced search

So, this "plus sized model"

(13 Posts)
Flamesparrow Thu 03-Sep-09 09:21:26

Ignoring the whole issue of her lack of size etc...

What is going on round her waist? here Her top half appears to have been stuck onto the bottom half like she used to be a magician's helper....

Confuuuuuuuuuuuuused!

joliejolie Thu 03-Sep-09 09:24:35

Maybe she has been overweight in the past or even had a baby.

Let's face it, leaning forward like that does noone any favours. Even Kate Moss gets a belly when she leans forward.

EyeballsintheSky Thu 03-Sep-09 09:25:04

I think she's wearing a thong...

I'd be happy to be her size. Plus sized my lardy arse

Flamesparrow Thu 03-Sep-09 09:30:47

It was the back that baffled me, not the front.

Thong makes sense though! Was thinking that leaning forward normally smoothes the back a bit, and she just seemed to have this circle.

joliejolie Thu 03-Sep-09 09:30:53

I second that!

Flamesparrow Thu 03-Sep-09 09:31:44

smooths even!

I think she looks really nice. Flat stomachs aren't normal or healthy imo <jealous and bitter of all flat stomachs obv>

Flamesparrow Thu 03-Sep-09 09:34:56

mail version of the same thing talks about the Dove ads being the only one to show natural women - how come none of them have a belly hanging over the top of their knickers???

joliejolie Thu 03-Sep-09 09:38:24

She is beautiful and should be proud of her body.
Personally though, if I had a tum and a few stretch marks (which of course I DO), I would not be so keen to be splashed all over magazines and the internet. Not to say that it is ugly, just my bits are too wobbly.

I scare enough people when I get into my "I'm on holiday and have forgotten how fat I really am" size 14 bikini.

joliejolie Thu 03-Sep-09 09:40:36

I was thinking the same thing flamesparrow.
One of the girls is very thin, one has a fantastic body and the other too are not a bit overweight.

How real is that? I thought 1/3 of women are obese...I mean isn't that what the BBC tells us we are? angry

ThingOne Thu 03-Sep-09 09:46:14

Even when I weigh what I should I have a normal sized top and massive thighs so it's so nice to see I'm not alone. Can't recall my skin ever being quite so lovely <sigh>. Maybe it was. What a waste, eh? I'd really appreciate it now at 42.

Flamesparrow Thu 03-Sep-09 09:49:00

The skin thing is just oodles of moisturiser before the photo shoot

mammyto1 Thu 03-Sep-09 09:54:10

They said she lost a huge amount of weight at age 13 and this is probably why her belly and back is the way it is. I think she is beautiful!

oneopinionatedmother Thu 03-Sep-09 10:05:10

tha could be a photo of me in the nod, except 1) my bum is bigger and 2) i am shorter and 3) my roll of flab has stretch marks on it like phoenix flames. but proportions wise similar. Ok, it looks bugger all like me...

@flamesparrow...>sigh< i currently hate all flat tummied women, though i used to be one.

>you aint got no 18 inch waist no more Miss Scarlett...>pulls corset strings brutally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now