Talk

Advanced search

Daily Mail has nicked our school run chat for article!!!

(94 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Thu 03-Sep-09 06:51:00

here Not mentioned names this time tho!

And its not even the 'This week on Mumset' article!!!

slyandgobbo Thu 03-Sep-09 07:07:30

What about this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1210787/Why-women-cruel-comes-mothering.html?
hmmm m

NoahFence Thu 03-Sep-09 07:48:17

adn they copied those rules from that stupid blog abotu leopard print - which irrc we all disagreed with

emily andrews - youa re shit

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 03-Sep-09 07:49:28

god it is plagerism and dull, like a student essay

NoahFence Thu 03-Sep-09 07:50:07

EMILY YOU ARE SHIT GET A JOB

BonsoirAnna Thu 03-Sep-09 07:50:48

Telegraph and DM have picked up on the same thread!

beanieb Thu 03-Sep-09 07:52:43

omg - REALLY! no! Journalists stealing other people's words to make an 'article' really? You're kidding me. How can this kind of thing happen, tell me how. Somebody think about the children :O

thesouthsbelle Thu 03-Sep-09 07:53:40

it's a commentary of the thread hmm

beanieb Thu 03-Sep-09 07:53:58

do you think they did it to get back at 'us'? wink

that's the floodgate opened then.

beanieb Thu 03-Sep-09 07:56:00

what about this with comment from Carrie smile

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 03-Sep-09 07:56:56

i remember when folk used to get all thrilled when they were mentioned in teh papers.

HecatesTwopenceworth Thu 03-Sep-09 07:57:03

grin I think it's funny - given how much we all claim to hate the daily mail - we're writing most of it these days!

SpawnChorus Thu 03-Sep-09 08:06:37

What pisses me off (and this has probably been done to death on the umpteen DM threads that I've been ignoring) is that posters are getting suspicious of journo-fodder threads. It's as damaging to the boards as the accusations of trolling.

Actually, it is trolling isn't it? Planting a contentious thread? And more irritating than your common or garden troll because you end up wasting your time and effort replying to someone who is getting paid for it as opposed to a socially inadequate loon...oh er hang on a minute...

tulpe Thu 03-Sep-09 09:40:08

That's so typically DM. I am quoted too blush but actually the bit they quoted I still stand by so am not bothered!

However, I noticed that they brought in Unquiet Dad as the Voice of Reason.......citing his comments about being baffled by fuss.......but NOT his comments about getting hot under the collar around one particular Yummy Mummy hmm.

Again, misogynistic attitude (of DM, not UQD) on full display: most women are stupid and need men to bring them into line.

There must be umpteen threads on MN about other concerns re:school issues and yet they pick this one out to try and make us look like pathetically shallow uber mummies. However, traipsing Ophelia from one after school activity to another where she must perform 120% on top of doing her schoolwork (weekends of course will be just as full) until she hits exhaustion and a drugs problem at 16 is fine, right?

joliejolie Thu 03-Sep-09 09:49:01

This is unreal!

The only thing that confuses me is how she knows that UQD was the only dad posting. Loads of posters have names that could be either male or female. She would have to be a regular poster (and taking notes) to know for certain that he was the only man.
Yes, me may know that UQD was the only man, but there were a few posts that weren't clear.

I agree about making MN look really petty. Seems this site is only quoted when there is either a heated debate or a complete non-issue.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 03-Sep-09 09:53:18

mn is petty!

notwavingjustironing Thu 03-Sep-09 09:58:17

Another "original" article by the DM. I agree, it's just another excuse to slate us. Pathetic.

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 09:59:06

Oh I wonder if they will come and take a pic of me as I still have the PJs I wore and even better for teh daily mail they still fit me 10 yrs on!

pinkem Thu 03-Sep-09 09:59:13

Did anyone see this comment:

"These people on Mumsnet obviously lead such self absorbed lives they have nothing better to worry about!!!!!!!!!"

MarshaBrady Thu 03-Sep-09 10:01:55

I'm not sure why mnhq is so keen to do this article when obviously it just makes MN look like crap.

Comments like that prove it.

bodenites Thu 03-Sep-09 10:55:35

well some of the comments we make do make us look crap also what is this obsession with the Daily Mail? i had never read it until all this fiasco and now it seems to be getting mentioned all the time probably helping their circulation

NervousNutty Thu 03-Sep-09 10:58:32

Have any of their articles ever shown the good side of MN, because I can't remember ever seeing one that did.

They are making us look stupid and self obssessed and boring.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Thu 03-Sep-09 11:03:29

'They are making us look stupid and self obssessed and boring' - yep but then quite a few of the threads are like that.

MarshaBrady Thu 03-Sep-09 11:11:03

Well probably, although I don't mind it is still a comfortable place to be.

I don't get why mnhq are so keen to get this publicity when it is cringeworthy.

Slubberdegullion Thu 03-Sep-09 11:15:42

I quite agree Eleanora, active convos is full of inane, dreary nonsense. The entirety of AIBU is nowt but wimmin moaning and whining and being thoroughly irritating.

It's hardly the DMs fault that there is a giant wodge of a thread full of naval gazery boorish silliness about clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now