Talk

Advanced search

Oh please help me - wedding outfit

(5 Posts)
lolapoppins Wed 02-Sep-09 20:50:21

I have a wedding to go to in two weeks and I need something to cover my arms - a cardigan, or a bollero (sp?) and I can't find any. I don't have a dress yet, maybe a long sleved dress?

My left forearm is covered in horrible scars due to an accident, and I don't like it on show as people ask awkward questions or just gawp, so I usually wear long sleeves. The cardi or whatever is more important than the dress, I am used to working other clothes around whatever will hide my arm. 3/4 lengh is sometimes ok, but the scars go a little further than that.

A wrap won't do as they never really hide my arm properly.

Where can I look on the net? Or any other ideas for outfits? Can anyone help?

Jewelsandgems Wed 02-Sep-09 21:30:10

How about this?
here but would you get too hot?

Or how about this?
long sleeved dress but not sure what shape/size you are....would look great with high heels (patent?)

lolapoppins Wed 02-Sep-09 21:40:29

Thankyou - have not seen the coast website before.

I am a size 10, hourglass shape (wow, I sound better than I actually look!).

I haven't thought of jackets, always been a bit scared as I look a bit boxy. I also worry about being expected to take a jacket off at the reception in the evening? The dress is nice, but it would still show my arm.

No worries about me feeling hot though! I have had to cover my arm at all times in public for 15 years now, have even been in the sahara desert in 40+ degree heat wearing thick cardigans and jumpers before, so I have adapted well to being really hot!

I am just so stuck and panicked over this!

lolapoppins Wed 02-Sep-09 22:04:47

I got excited when I saw the shrugs on that Coast site, but the sleeves are all elbow length!

Clure Wed 02-Sep-09 22:22:20

black cardi
shrug
drape cardi
all with long sleeves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now