Talk

Advanced search

Sikh Wedding - What to Wear?????

(12 Posts)
elliedragon Wed 01-Jun-05 10:50:04

We are attending a Sikh Wedding Ceremony on Sunday and I am panicing as to what is acceptable to wear. I know your have to have you head covered but dont know whether it is acceptable to be showing skin eg dress with short sleeves and knee length skirt - can anyone enlighten me?

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 10:57:27

\link{http://www.weddingguideuk.com/articles/ceremonies/sikh.asp/this might help?}

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 10:57:58

this might help more!

MarsLady Wed 01-Jun-05 10:58:25

this might help?

MarsLady Wed 01-Jun-05 10:58:51

lol knew you'd do it ginger, should've left it alone lol

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 10:59:18

Don't wear white - it is for funerals.

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 11:02:49

<<hijack>> hello Mars.
I once went to a friend's Hindu ceremony and wore a lovely dark pink sari, friend's sister had to wrap me in metres of material. I felt like an indian princess, it was a lovely day.

MarsLady Wed 01-Jun-05 11:03:59

sounds gorgeous gingerbear! My kinda colour

Lizzylou Wed 01-Jun-05 11:05:27

If you can't get a sari to wear Monsoon have loads of really beautiful "sari-coloured" clothes..

elliedragon Wed 01-Jun-05 11:05:40

Thank you for this. It is certainly a help. I have a long light blue flowery skirt that I could wear but not sure if it should be a brighter colour?

The reception is at a posh hotel in London - do you think people will change for this?

Im feeling a bit stressed as they are a trendy couple and there are no children invited so feel apprehensive as dont want to look out of place and wont have the children to hide behind.

handlemecarefully Wed 01-Jun-05 11:09:55

Why not just ring them (the wedd-ees) and ask their advice. I'm sure that they won't mind and will probably think it is nice that you are bothered about it, and asked....

gingerbear Mon 06-Jun-05 13:42:27

what did you wear??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now