Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Sikh Wedding - What to Wear?????

(12 Posts)
elliedragon Wed 01-Jun-05 10:50:04

We are attending a Sikh Wedding Ceremony on Sunday and I am panicing as to what is acceptable to wear. I know your have to have you head covered but dont know whether it is acceptable to be showing skin eg dress with short sleeves and knee length skirt - can anyone enlighten me?

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 10:57:27

\link{http://www.weddingguideuk.com/articles/ceremonies/sikh.asp/this might help?}

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 10:57:58

this might help more!

MarsLady Wed 01-Jun-05 10:58:25

this might help?

MarsLady Wed 01-Jun-05 10:58:51

lol knew you'd do it ginger, should've left it alone lol

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 10:59:18

Don't wear white - it is for funerals.

gingerbear Wed 01-Jun-05 11:02:49

<<hijack>> hello Mars.
I once went to a friend's Hindu ceremony and wore a lovely dark pink sari, friend's sister had to wrap me in metres of material. I felt like an indian princess, it was a lovely day.

MarsLady Wed 01-Jun-05 11:03:59

sounds gorgeous gingerbear! My kinda colour

Lizzylou Wed 01-Jun-05 11:05:27

If you can't get a sari to wear Monsoon have loads of really beautiful "sari-coloured" clothes..

elliedragon Wed 01-Jun-05 11:05:40

Thank you for this. It is certainly a help. I have a long light blue flowery skirt that I could wear but not sure if it should be a brighter colour?

The reception is at a posh hotel in London - do you think people will change for this?

Im feeling a bit stressed as they are a trendy couple and there are no children invited so feel apprehensive as dont want to look out of place and wont have the children to hide behind.

handlemecarefully Wed 01-Jun-05 11:09:55

Why not just ring them (the wedd-ees) and ask their advice. I'm sure that they won't mind and will probably think it is nice that you are bothered about it, and asked....

gingerbear Mon 06-Jun-05 13:42:27

what did you wear??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: