Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got their Topshop leggings yet?

(20 Posts)
deaddei Wed 02-Sep-09 18:49:11

Following on from an earlier thread, I am still waiting for mine to arrive.
I did keep some from Next, but am waiting to compare them.

Jewelsandgems Wed 02-Sep-09 19:33:15

Well I have mine and am virtually living in them right now, so good for this changeable weather! And mine are the high waisted ones, so also loving the lack of any muffin-top-situation too

NervousNutty Wed 02-Sep-09 19:34:38

Can you link to them please smile

Jewelsandgems Wed 02-Sep-09 19:41:11

here

And they have them in 'shimmer' and 'wet look' too, which actually look pretty nice too.

NervousNutty Wed 02-Sep-09 19:54:53

Thank you smile

Cazwa Wed 02-Sep-09 19:56:55

I was about to buy them but they look see-through on the website picture! You can see the outline of knickers. Are they thick enough?
What are you wearing them with Jewels?

Jewelsandgems Wed 02-Sep-09 20:13:04

They aren't see thru. But, if I am sat on the floor cross-legged then you can see the fabric thins over the knees (they are viscose and I have other viscose things which are the same. The shimmer ones may not suffer with that)

I am wearing with floral dresses, pumps or mary jane shoes. Tux jacket, or full-skirt trench.

CMOTdibbler Wed 02-Sep-09 20:16:41

I have the same ones as Jewels. A good thickness and don't bag, plus am loving the high waist.

I wear mine with dresses or long tunics

NoahFence Wed 02-Sep-09 20:18:23

whats the deal with them?

fiver Wed 02-Sep-09 20:19:49

How long are the topshop ones? They look quite long, would they be suitable for a short-arse like me (5ft 3)?

Jewelsandgems Wed 02-Sep-09 20:48:58

I think you'd be fine fiver, and I like the look where the leggings are a little ruched around the ankle. You can always just pull them up more at the top of the thigh (or pop them in the dryer, they may shrink?)

deaddei Thu 03-Sep-09 13:36:05

They've just arrived but on balance I prefer the Next ones- more "black" IYKWIM.
Kept a pair of their tall bootleg jeans too.
(squirrels them away to back of wardrobe, so she can bring out at later date and say "this old thing?)

tulpe Thu 03-Sep-09 14:02:43

Deaddei!

I also do that, along with hiding receipts and then saying "oh that <<insert name of store>> purchase? Yes, that was for the kids"......Of course this option doesn't work with Net A Porter etc...sadly!

bigTillyMint Thu 03-Sep-09 15:30:38

Deddei, could you link to the Next ones, please? Are they good for tall/long legs?

And I have ordered that lovely dress that Bleh linked to, so fingers crossed that it fits!

deaddei Thu 03-Sep-09 15:58:12

Because I am an idiot big Tilly, I don't know how to link (but I will learn!)
If you go the Next directory online, go to Tall- and they are there.
Really long, nice on (or as nice as leggings can be)
Their tall trouser range is too long for me!

bigTillyMint Fri 04-Sep-09 09:09:37

Thanks for that deaddei, are they the £8 ones (seems too cheap!)

tulpe Fri 04-Sep-09 09:18:14

Are the tall Next ones high waisted too?

I am not tall but I don't mind leggings being a bit ruched around the ankle. What I do mind is muffin top induced by hipster style leggings.

Jewelsandgems Fri 04-Sep-09 09:32:16

Yes tulpe, if the next ones are high waisted too, then I think I shall get some too. You can never have enough of leggings in autumn!

deaddei Fri 04-Sep-09 10:43:51

They are high waisted!
Fit really well!
Yes they are the £8 ones, but seem fine!
Have ordered an extra pair.

Jewelsandgems Fri 04-Sep-09 14:31:28

Logs onto next website....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now