Talk

Advanced search

My Boden order just arrived!!

(13 Posts)
tulpe Wed 02-Sep-09 16:23:28

The biker jacket in brown is gorgeous

I sized up on this because I read it wasn't roomy enough for winter jumpers beneath etc. It is perfect. More than enough room for a chunky knit but also not too bulky and loose over anything finer.

The contrast stitching is barely noticeable on this colour - looks very noticeable on the black.

It will be perfect with jeans but I think would also work over dresses/tunics & leggings.

I shall be wearing this for many years to come, I am sure.

Can you tell I like it?

The indigo straightleg jeans are being exchanged for the next size up. Sadly, the lack of gym attendance over the summer hols has had rather drastic effect on the old thighs and it wasn't a pretty sight....

They are great though - perfect balance between skinny & straight leg, imo. The indigo is not deep shade which appears "double dyed", iyswim. Rather it is just like dark jeans used to be

NoahFence Wed 02-Sep-09 17:20:52

did oyu not find the calf fit odd?
are you norkular?
how was the biker hting over tits?

Rubyrubyruby Wed 02-Sep-09 17:22:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tulpe Wed 02-Sep-09 17:50:00

Calf fit was fine. But then I am slightly heavy of calf so perhaps that makes a difference? Be interesting to see if the 10 is much looser though. I had both 8 and 10 in the straight leg crops in the summer and imo there was more than 1 size difference between the two.

I am not norkular, no! I am 32C and the fit was perfect across tits. The waist adjusters also help to give the jacket a better fit overall, so if you wanted to size up because of norkage, then you can improve the fit elsewhere by adjusting the tabs.

Ruby - it was you who finally tipped me over the precipice of "should I? shouldn't I" with buying the biker jacket . You have the black, no?

I had an awful feeling it would be vile because I loved it so much or look like something my elderly neighbour would walk the dogs in! But it is gorgeous and I cannot wait to wear it. Thankfully it is hammering down with rain here right now so I may well get the chance before the evening is out to give it it's maiden voyage

shopalot Wed 02-Sep-09 17:55:58

I just eceived the straight leg jeans. Am usually size 12 but sometimes size 14 jeans/trousers. I am thinking I might even need a size 16-too depressing. Odd though as wearing a size 12 Boden skirt right now!

Oumasrusks Wed 02-Sep-09 18:03:23

I really, really want the biker jacket too. After reading your positive review Tulpe, I think I may order it...

purplepeony Wed 02-Sep-09 18:31:32

I have just got my sraight leg jeans- unsure whether to size up to a 12 or keep the 10s- see there is now a 9 week wait for the 12R.
They are exactly the same as the summer cropped jeans except for the leg length. I have those in a 12 as everyone advised at the time they were small fitting.
Part of me refuses to go into another size 12 as that is really pushing the boat out for me! If I lose 1kg the 10s should fit a bit better.
I can get them fastened ok but they are a tiny bit tight across the waist.

I am returning the Boyfriend cardi- the wool is so fine it looks man made, iyswim. I amnot convinced I suit a long cardi being only 5'3".

I am also returning the denim mimi, longer length- the style is quite A line whereas on the pics it looks straighter. It also has a traditional waist which is quite high.

Corporalcornsilk Wed 02-Sep-09 18:32:52

I want the biker jacket. Do I get brown of blue...hmm Is it warm?

tulpe Wed 02-Sep-09 18:36:29

I think either colour would be nice since it seems the colours are deeper than the photos on the website.

Not sure about the warmth of it. It feels like it would be warm. It is lined but not padded. The fabric feels more than sturdy enough to keep out the chills and wind

Corporalcornsilk Wed 02-Sep-09 18:44:39

Am being pulled to the brown I think...

Rubyrubyruby Wed 02-Sep-09 20:57:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KristinaM Wed 02-Sep-09 21:26:30

purplepeony - i ordered these at the weekend when they were on offer. at the time they told me that the 10L were on a 9 week delay, but I got an email today to say they had been dispatched. hmm hmm

purplepeony Thu 03-Sep-09 08:52:18

Kristina- thanks. I got mine on offer too, and have decided to wait and see if i can slim down, which I need to- and if not, will exchange if they have any 12s available in the near future- I expect they'll get lots of returns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now