Talk

Advanced search

What do I wear to airport Travelling t(flight in early morn)

(10 Posts)
nuttyworkingmum Wed 02-Sep-09 12:37:55

Help,

I`m going somewhere lovely and hot,(hopefully!!!)
And have to wait ages in the middle of night at the airport plus on a coach etc,.... Have no idea what to wear! Want to look great and stylish, but comfortable too.
Thought about wearing a dress with leggings and coat which is light weight.
Help please other travelling mums!!

EyeballsintheSky Wed 02-Sep-09 12:41:01

Why do you want to look great and stylish? That doesn't go with middle of the night, waiting ages, a flight and a coach trip. That screams tracky bums at me!

nuttyworkingmum Wed 02-Sep-09 12:44:15

Good point, but its just me and my hubby, no children on this hol!
Any productive ideas!!!???

CMOTdibbler Wed 02-Sep-09 12:47:47

A dress/tunic top and leggings is perfect. Ballet flats or something else you can kick off and put on easily are best, and instead of a coat, I'd wear a cardi as otherwise you will just schlep it around and not use it much

CHOOGIRL Wed 02-Sep-09 12:47:48

I travel lots and usually wear these. Would leave the coat at home and take a cashmere cardi/wrap. Mine folds up v small and will just pop in the handbag when I arrive.

MrsBadger Wed 02-Sep-09 12:51:23

yes leave coat at home

cardi and wrap v good and will be useful when you are there

nuttyworkingmum Wed 02-Sep-09 13:04:59

Thanks alot x

themoon66 Wed 02-Sep-09 13:10:27

I always wear proper trousers so I can wear socks and shoes. I find my feet get freezing on planes. Ballet flats or sandals and bare feet = brrrrr

CHOOGIRL Wed 02-Sep-09 13:17:02

That's why they invented cashmere socks/slippers smile

CMOTdibbler Wed 02-Sep-09 13:32:40

I just take a pair of socks with me on the plane and wear those. But only on longhaul flights

It's mostly lurking around at the airport that I want to kick off my shoes tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now