Talk

Advanced search

Classic, warm winter dresses for 6 year old

(8 Posts)
PiggyPenguin Wed 02-Sep-09 10:24:17

Ok, where to buy something for dd this winter. 'Next' seem to be all leggings/short skirts etc and she will not do leggings or jeans. Previously, we have relied on nice cord dresses or similar but I can't find any this year. Any thoughts?

hippipotamiHasLost63lbs Wed 02-Sep-09 10:30:43

A bit expensive, but Mini-Boden. Dd has some lovely cord big-button pinafores from them I bought them last year in the sale though)
Teamed with some tights, a long sleeve top, some boots and a cardi you are sorted!

Don't do what I did though - last year dd (then age just 6) declared she was never ever wearing trousers again. So I spent a small fortune on dresses for her in the sale for this winter. Now her fave item of clothing is a pair of hand-me-down flared jeans. I have 4 beautiful cord dresses for her and she will wear them even if I have to force her into then wink

Metatron Wed 02-Sep-09 10:31:40

john lewis, boden or monsoon.

MrsBadger Wed 02-Sep-09 10:43:01

Jojo also good, and Gap occasionally have good things

MmeLindt Wed 02-Sep-09 10:47:13

DD has a few of these dresses.

They are not as warm as a cord dress but ok with tights and a cardy. They wash very well. In fact, she is still wearing the short sleeved dress that I bought 2 years ago and it still looks great.

PiggyPenguin Wed 02-Sep-09 11:28:49

Thanks for all the advice.

I wish she would go for the Boden pinafores, Hippo, but sadly they are a bit too 'patterned' for her. She has quite strong ideas about what she should wear!

I will definitely check out the others though, thanks.

macherie Wed 02-Sep-09 13:13:50

Zara and NoaNoa are staples of my dress-only wearing dd's wardrobe.

mejon Wed 02-Sep-09 14:12:46

There were some cord pinnafore dresses in Matalan today which were in shades of plum etc. Asda also usually have some nice ones - I got one last year for DD for this winter in a browny colour with blue red and white spots on. Quite Boden-y but not so 'in your face' as Boden! I've also got a couple of plain ones from H&M.

I'm liking that t-shirt dress MmeLindt - are their sizes quite generous? DD is just 3 and quite a little dot so wondering if a size 3 might be too big for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now