Talk

Advanced search

Best foundation for oily t-zone

(9 Posts)
Sexonlegs Tue 01-Sep-09 20:33:18

Ladies, I know I can count on you for advice. The title says it all.

I use Estee Lauder equalizer atm, and have done for a few years. However, I seem to get shiny rund my t-zone within a few hours.

So, can anyone recommend a foundation that is going to help??

mamalovesmojitos Tue 01-Sep-09 21:08:03

i have a relatively oily t-zone and i find estee lauder's double wear quite good. doesn't slide off very easily.

Sexonlegs Tue 01-Sep-09 21:27:42

Thanks Mama; I have to say I do like EL foundations - used Lucidity about 10 years ago- so if EL has something that steps up to the mark, then fab.

Anyone else??

MissisBoot Wed 02-Sep-09 09:09:01

Bobbi brown oil free foundations are v good - you can get a compact and liquid foundation - both are very longlasting too

Clure Wed 02-Sep-09 10:49:47

I've just started using this moisturiser its great for oily t zones

Sexonlegs Wed 02-Sep-09 15:02:32

Clure, that looks; have just ordered some as the rviews are fab!

Have also heard about Bobbi Brown oil-free stuff; where stocks it? I haven't seen their stuff apart from at airports.

ruddynorah Wed 02-Sep-09 15:03:55

oil cleansing method got rid of my oily t zone. can use any make up at all now, and no oil or grease or overly shiny.

mathanxiety Wed 02-Sep-09 16:08:43

Oil cleansing works for me too, although I thought it was crazy when I first heard it. I also heard that using Phillips milk of magnesia (the original formula, without the mineral oil) as a pre foundation treatment, will help with oiliness. You spread a thin layer over the oily zone and when it's dry apply foundation. Caution -- I haven't tried this myself.

VeronicaMars Wed 02-Sep-09 16:18:59

I was using Clarins and like that too I would have a shiny t zone within hours, I ran out and couldn't get my colour so I used some Mabeline Liquid to Powder that I had in a drawer and I now have a shine free face! It's also a lot cheaper as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now