Talk

Advanced search

should i buy the boden cardie?

(13 Posts)
EleanoraBuntingCupcake Tue 01-Sep-09 11:37:46

tis bargain of the day but not sure about practicality of cropped cardie. anyone got one.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 01-Sep-09 11:40:05

I too am dithering but only cos I want the ruffle v-neck cardie to come on with 20% off. grin

I have loads of cropped cardies and the Boden one looks longer than all the others I have. I think they are useful over long sleeve tops as a layer - can look quite funky this way.

I wear them over sleeveless dresses in summer/autumn as they are not too hot (as I wouldn't get my bingo-ey arms out).

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Tue 01-Sep-09 11:40:42

i am considering damson melange!

LaurieFairyCake Tue 01-Sep-09 11:41:31

That looks like a lovely colour and was my first choice.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Tue 01-Sep-09 11:44:48

thats it ordered! i can always return it! i am liking the free delivery is that permanent now?

LaurieFairyCake Tue 01-Sep-09 11:45:38

til 15th September according to other thread.

chattermouse Tue 01-Sep-09 11:57:55

It would look lovely over Boden's brightly coloured crew tops Laurie, because you would see the bottom of the crew tops sleeves. You could clash colours quite effectively for maximum impact and visual appeal (say the pink cardie over the orange crew). Have you seen on the other thread the £10 off £30 spend code too?

chattermouse Tue 01-Sep-09 12:00:01

And with the £10 off code , 2 £17 crew tops come in at £24 for the pair with free p &p. Only £12 a crew then. Primark charges about £8! Would be rude not to really.......

purplepeony Tue 01-Sep-09 12:24:55

I got one with 20% in the preview. Got Grape. It is nice and good quality- quite small sizing- can often get into 8s with Boden tops but went for the 10 and glad I did.

It is short, and you would always need a T shirt, cami or dress under it- it just about hits the top of my jeans which are slightly dropped waist.

purplepeony Tue 01-Sep-09 12:25:58

p.s. they sent me Damson by mistake as all the bags were wrongly labeled! Damson is very much like navy with the tiniest purple tint- but more navy blue.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Tue 01-Sep-09 12:49:29

was it a nice navy? thought it look navy but erring on the pleasantly purple side of navy. should i change to green?

purplepeony Tue 01-Sep-09 12:52:25

I didn't like Damson-it was a "warm" navy if that makes sense, but not my colour. It might suit you if you are a dark brunette but be a bit drab and draining if you are fair like me.

Amaris Tue 01-Sep-09 13:14:08

I've got grey and I love it, I would wear it every day if I could! Actually I probably do wear it nearly every day. I think the crop is not as short as previous seasons, comes to just past my waist - not an issue for me. Don't know if the 3/4 sleeves might be a bit annoying in winter, but they're fine for the moment. I'm trying to decide whether to get one in black as well! Or pink. Or green....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now