Talk

Advanced search

Brogues - nasty or nice?

(13 Posts)
monkeysmama Tue 01-Sep-09 10:18:45

I have £30 gift voucher to spend in Topshop/Miss Selfridge or Wallis. I have had a look and can't see anything I really like. Could just get some knickers but spooted these brogues on Wallis site. I've fancied trying brogues and figure at this price if I don't like them much it is ok.

What would you wear them with? I am a size 6.5-7 so have quite big feet.

TIA

hanaflowerhatestheDM Tue 01-Sep-09 10:21:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

monkeysmama Tue 01-Sep-09 10:26:49

I think my feet are too big for that anyway. I was thinking with skinny jeans maybe.

MrsBadger Tue 01-Sep-09 10:32:35

I can't do it

I look like a nurse

riding boots again for me this winter

monkeysmama Tue 01-Sep-09 10:36:15

I have lots of clothes and shoes but pre dd (she's 15 months) worked and nearly always wore heels. I have lotsblush of flat boots which I like, and 2 pairs of converse, some ballet pumps (none of which I actually like) and thought brogues might be the answer to my "what to wear when I don't want to wear long boots but need something to go with jeans/trousers".... Maybe not.

anniemac Tue 01-Sep-09 10:40:27

Message withdrawn

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Tue 01-Sep-09 10:50:57

i would only wear with wide legged trousers definitely not skinny jeans you will look like a golf club

suwoo Tue 01-Sep-09 10:53:48

Thats a good point annimac. My friend who is a very trendy 36 looks great in them but she is a petite 6 stone something with size 3 feet. She wears them with twiggy style shift dresses.

hanaflowerhatestheDM Tue 01-Sep-09 11:24:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

monkeysmama Tue 01-Sep-09 12:56:59

My sister's a size 12 & looks great in them with dresses & jeans. Though she is younger than me & has a different "look". Maybe I will spend my £30 on something else (tho no idea what!) & ponder to brogue or not some more.

anniemac Tue 01-Sep-09 13:39:49

Message withdrawn

KingRolo Tue 01-Sep-09 13:42:40

Um, in the words of Oscar Wilde, "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."

I think he waa thinking about brogues when he said that. grin

MarthaFarquhar Tue 01-Sep-09 13:44:18

really like how they look with a mini and opaques, if your legs are up to it.

I however am 5'9 and a size 14 with size 8 feet so would look like a drag king.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now