Talk

Advanced search

Please help me, I am fat, breastfeeding and have saggy boobs, what should I wear?

(44 Posts)
Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 08:45:43

Message withdrawn

GossipMonger Tue 01-Sep-09 08:49:45

Straight leg jeans.

Floaty top so you can breastfeed.

Sometimes a haircut and nice nails can make you feel better.

Cant do a lot with the boobs if you are breast feeding.

do you want to buy new stuff ?

Do you need links to things?

Budget?

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 08:53:38

Message withdrawn

llareggub Tue 01-Sep-09 08:58:44

What has helped me enormously is to try and exercise. I may not look better but I feel better. DS (17 weeks) finds it hilarious. I've been using a wii fit for a gentle introduction and Davina's workout DVD.

I'm sure it has helped me feel better about myself.

What sort of things do you normally wear?

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 09:03:58

Message withdrawn

Pannacotta Tue 01-Sep-09 09:10:40

I think if you are smaller on your bottom half I'd suggest some dark blue bootcut jeans, as these will balance out your slightly bigger size top half.
Agree on floaty tops for feeding - perhaps slightly patterned and perhaps a longish floaty cardigan in a dark colour for colder days.
Have a look in H&M for tops and Gap for jeans.
A decent coat and smart shoes/boots and bag are great ways to make you feel better and more pulled together.

Pannacotta Tue 01-Sep-09 09:13:03

For jeans, how about these?
www.asos.com/Gap/Gap-Rinse-Wash-Bootcut-Jeans/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=763790&cid=8265&Rf-100=Jeans& sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Denim

Not too pricey so you wont feel bad once you lose some weight and they are too large.

I bought some similar jeans after DS2 was born and I wore them all the time.

civilfawlty Tue 01-Sep-09 09:28:39

Jeez woman - 14/16 is NOT fat. You may be larger than you are used to, but its perfectly possibly to look gorgeous.

Go to New Look and buy their high waist boot cut 'yes' jeans in dark blue (£10). Sew a seam up the back so you get the right trouser shape for you.
Get some ballet pumps or converse.
Get a long, thin knit dark cardigan.
Get some long line plain dark vests/ long sleeved tops.
Never ever wear tunics of patterned tops or you'll look like fern britton pre-gastic band.
Get a cool, large handbag.

Then go to the hairdresser and get them to advise you on great, low maintenance hair.
Always have tidy nails, and painted toes. Always de-fuzz. Always take care of your face.

You'll look gorgeous.

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 09:28:45

Message withdrawn

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 09:32:33

Message withdrawn

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 09:48:25

Message withdrawn

civilfawlty Tue 01-Sep-09 09:51:27

My pleasure. I honestly believe you will look gorgeous. Maybe you just need to be comfortable with who you are at the moment? Which is not to say dont loose weight if you want to when you are done breastfeeding. But to enjoy your shape now.

Essentially, with the exception of bodycon dresses and catsuits, i doubt there is much you cant wear!

Not sure what you can do about breasts - but surely there are some feeding bras without thick straps which give a decent shape? I used to wear my bikini tops, but not sure if thats allowed?

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 10:00:54

Message withdrawn

civilfawlty Tue 01-Sep-09 10:45:11

If you like them, then go for it! You can defo wear them with jeans.

Clure Tue 01-Sep-09 10:48:40

these are great jeans they pull you in and have a bit of stretch - so my friend says and she looks fab in them!
ths with jeans
boots with a bit of heel is great for lengthening legs but not too high you can't run after your DC's
fitted dress to flatter good chest!

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 11:43:01

Message withdrawn

Clure Tue 01-Sep-09 11:55:27

No wedges would be good also. I wear wedge sandals with bootlegs, they give me height (am 5'1!!)

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 12:16:03

Message withdrawn

Clure Tue 01-Sep-09 12:24:27

Good good
Saw this dress in warehouse, looks a good shape

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 12:26:05

Message withdrawn

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 19:52:09

Message withdrawn

Clure Tue 01-Sep-09 20:32:12

Not sure, I have to say I'm not a fan of Uggs. Guess its what you wear them with - balance things out

newspaperdelivery Tue 01-Sep-09 21:32:18

Now boobs.

I don't see why we have to wear these hammocks at all. I have made bfing bras myself from underwire bras - and even have a converted wonderbra! Sometimes a girl needs a rack!

I had huge success in Asda last week. I got leggings and a stretchy black high waist pencil skirt. All looks a bit 'Blondie' <<delusional>> and would really suit you.
They had fab tops - long vests with ruches and ruffles, a bit punk type thing. They would skim your larger hips [though I don't believe you]. Then their skinny leg jeans would make legs long and lean smile I wear with converse as they are all I have fab.

I think leggings are a saviour under any skirt at all.

I think Uggs are good if you don't have shot putter calves. Like me. On me the Ugg blens with the calf and that is not the way forward. That said I got cheapo's in......Asda...........for £8. Couldn't help myself.

My other top tip [who the hell do I think I am you have seen my pics grin] is a really blunt funky even harsh fringe, and a shed load of eyeliner. Banishes all frumpyness in time for the school run.

<<News departs to follow own advice and get a grip on frumpy wardrobe>>

newspaperdelivery Tue 01-Sep-09 21:44:34

This top looks crap here but is so flattering.

And this is completely fab on, it has fabric to cover up any boobs/belly etc. Though my arms are a bit fat for it, it's my best buy in a long time. Especially the blue/black colourway. Really funky with straight leg jeans.

Dogshitsonthedailymail Tue 01-Sep-09 21:47:59

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now