Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Jeans - what cut is "in"? Not had to worry about this for a year

(15 Posts)
Tinker Tue 31-May-05 18:33:27

Tried on my jeans today and could get into them (had baby 10 days ago). Want to treat myself to a new pair. So, what cut/style/whatever is in? Not cut off ones though. Thanks style gurus.

tamum Tue 31-May-05 18:50:28

No idea but just thought I'd say hello and well done on both counts

Tinker Tue 31-May-05 19:04:09

And hello to you too and thank you Am sure I will be angsting about Baby Annabelle again on here in a few years' time.

tamum Tue 31-May-05 19:12:03

I got some nice jeans in Uniqlo that I lurve, but I don't suppose they were "in" as such. Nice cut though, and cheaper than Gap, what more can you say? We need some style gurus......

bunny2 Tue 31-May-05 19:16:27

Dorothy Ps have some nice ones in - baggy and fold up - can be worn up or down. Ill try to find a link

at getting onto jeans so soon. Mine still weont get near me and dd is 6 months

docket Tue 31-May-05 19:24:08

Hmmm, I read that super-skinny cut was 'in'. Not so forgiving, unless you are twiglike like Kate Moss. I think with jeans they look good whatever cut they are if they fit you well and flatter your body shape.

PinkFluffPudding Tue 31-May-05 19:24:54

I think it's more about what suits you and not what's 'in'. Bootcuts are probably the most universally flattering and are still in - Diesel do some good ones. Seven's NY dark wash is VERY flattering (can't wait till I can wear mine again - pg at the mo!). Miss Sixty do great looking SuperTommies - flared legs and tight around the hips, and the stuff by Bench and Hooch is good - flared legs tight around the bum. Stretchy too so if you think you're going to lose more weight you could probably get some which are a little on the small side and find yourself fitting into them better soon. Just bought some today incidentally - they make for great maternity jeans!

However if you are one of the lucky few who can wear any style, the tight airbrushed-on look is very fashionable - think Kate Moss in her straight-legged rock n roll types tucked into heeled ankle boots. Not a look many can get away with, but if you can i believe that look is pretty hot right now!

bunny2 Tue 31-May-05 19:25:25

DPs dont have them on the website but I think capenter Jeans is the style.

Go with whatever suits you - cropped ones are nice for this time of year

PinkFluffPudding Tue 31-May-05 19:25:39

Docket - i promise i didn't read your post before writing mine! Great minds eh?

docket Tue 31-May-05 19:26:58

noddyholder Tue 31-May-05 19:36:44

skinny drain pipes if you can get away with them

saffy202 Tue 31-May-05 19:41:36

I'm currently loving my Mooch 'boy-style' jeans from Topshop. They're more for day to day wear with trainers/flipflops - wouldn't go well with heels

WideWebWitch Tue 31-May-05 20:56:16

Bloody hell Tinker, at getting into your jeans 10 days after a baby! Bloody impressive!

expatinscotland Tue 31-May-05 21:06:43

Ah, pregnancy - don't have to worry about this till next year!

Tinker Tue 31-May-05 23:57:16

Thanks all. Don't think I can do teh skinny drainpipes look (am no Kate Moss) but like the sound of the Top Shop ones.

www - top button still undone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: