Talk

Advanced search

Jeans - what cut is "in"? Not had to worry about this for a year

(15 Posts)
Tinker Tue 31-May-05 18:33:27

Tried on my jeans today and could get into them (had baby 10 days ago). Want to treat myself to a new pair. So, what cut/style/whatever is in? Not cut off ones though. Thanks style gurus.

tamum Tue 31-May-05 18:50:28

No idea but just thought I'd say hello and well done on both counts

Tinker Tue 31-May-05 19:04:09

And hello to you too and thank you Am sure I will be angsting about Baby Annabelle again on here in a few years' time.

tamum Tue 31-May-05 19:12:03

I got some nice jeans in Uniqlo that I lurve, but I don't suppose they were "in" as such. Nice cut though, and cheaper than Gap, what more can you say? We need some style gurus......

bunny2 Tue 31-May-05 19:16:27

Dorothy Ps have some nice ones in - baggy and fold up - can be worn up or down. Ill try to find a link

at getting onto jeans so soon. Mine still weont get near me and dd is 6 months

docket Tue 31-May-05 19:24:08

Hmmm, I read that super-skinny cut was 'in'. Not so forgiving, unless you are twiglike like Kate Moss. I think with jeans they look good whatever cut they are if they fit you well and flatter your body shape.

PinkFluffPudding Tue 31-May-05 19:24:54

I think it's more about what suits you and not what's 'in'. Bootcuts are probably the most universally flattering and are still in - Diesel do some good ones. Seven's NY dark wash is VERY flattering (can't wait till I can wear mine again - pg at the mo!). Miss Sixty do great looking SuperTommies - flared legs and tight around the hips, and the stuff by Bench and Hooch is good - flared legs tight around the bum. Stretchy too so if you think you're going to lose more weight you could probably get some which are a little on the small side and find yourself fitting into them better soon. Just bought some today incidentally - they make for great maternity jeans!

However if you are one of the lucky few who can wear any style, the tight airbrushed-on look is very fashionable - think Kate Moss in her straight-legged rock n roll types tucked into heeled ankle boots. Not a look many can get away with, but if you can i believe that look is pretty hot right now!

bunny2 Tue 31-May-05 19:25:25

DPs dont have them on the website but I think capenter Jeans is the style.

Go with whatever suits you - cropped ones are nice for this time of year

PinkFluffPudding Tue 31-May-05 19:25:39

Docket - i promise i didn't read your post before writing mine! Great minds eh?

docket Tue 31-May-05 19:26:58

noddyholder Tue 31-May-05 19:36:44

skinny drain pipes if you can get away with them

saffy202 Tue 31-May-05 19:41:36

I'm currently loving my Mooch 'boy-style' jeans from Topshop. They're more for day to day wear with trainers/flipflops - wouldn't go well with heels

WideWebWitch Tue 31-May-05 20:56:16

Bloody hell Tinker, at getting into your jeans 10 days after a baby! Bloody impressive!

expatinscotland Tue 31-May-05 21:06:43

Ah, pregnancy - don't have to worry about this till next year!

Tinker Tue 31-May-05 23:57:16

Thanks all. Don't think I can do teh skinny drainpipes look (am no Kate Moss) but like the sound of the Top Shop ones.

www - top button still undone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now